*ACTIVATED* TD-21804 Requesting SWAT Deployment #52

talizman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My pack is coming together, almost complete. 

I have a couple of questions as I can’t tell from screengrabs... 

Cantina Captain 

Should the tool box have the crossed tape on it?

Shoukd the lower seed tray have black tape around it? 

Thanks 

Hello back! A great backpack, but there are some modifications to do. Stay tuned! SWAT is the extra cherry on a cream cake!

- Yes, there is a tape cross on the tool box.

- please, paint the mortar tube with matt black, not glossy

- look at the shotgunshells, they are not exactly straight

- The lid of the mortar tube and the bottle are also not installed exactly straight.

- look at the diameter, the length and position of the labpipe

uyoxk3fb.jpg

42rtjkty.jpg

wgbfxj5q.jpg

2 hours ago, bigwam said:

Hello back! A great backpack, but there are some modifications to do. Stay tuned! SWAT is the extra cherry on a cream cake!

- Yes, there is a tape cross on the tool box.

- please, paint the mortar tube with matt black, not glossy

- look at the shotgunshells, they are not exactly straight

- The lid of the mortar tube and the bottle are also not installed exactly straight.

- look at the diameter, the length and position of the labpipe

Hey buddy. Thanks for the quick reply. 

Question 

The tape cross on the tool box....

is the vertical piece of tape straight up and down 12>6?

I see some packs have this piece of tape at an angle. 

Mortar tube - I’ll re paint. 

Shells - I’ll re position them 

Mortar tube lid and bottle lid - I’ll re position them 

Lab pipe - I’ll reposition it 

Glue stain - I’ll add this 

Bigwam

the two screengrabs you used, I think the first one is move along and the second is alley check? 

Are they the same pack? I thought they were different. 

Do you have any good screen grabs of Cantina Captain? I thought the shells were straight on his pack... 

thanks again 

I have been watching and re-watching the Cantina scene.... 

I can’t see tape on the tool box... :wacko:

I know that move along and alley check have taped toolbox but I always thought Cantina Captain had a clean toolbox? 

6_F5_D8_C59-6996-4972-8_CA6-1_AE5_DE158_

98D4B76C-5A3C-4D08-AF1C-4C59FECBD8F2.png

FD2C313E-B7E7-4130-8781-34515CD8F8AD.png

I also can not see a syphon on the Pack of your pics, but i believe, there is a syphon on the pack ;)

The pics are to dark, to say is there a Tape on the box or not. But on this pack, there is always a tape on the toolbox.

There are five packs, used in the OT (not incl. the SE). They are used on different Troopers. They were always repaired, therefore there is the pack #5 with and without tape on the seed trays (look the pic).  But i always can see the Tape on the toolbox.

c8uzxzzo.jpg

Fair enough buddy, I’ll add the tape ;)

if I could just clarify another point... 

pack #3...

“Move along” clearly has no lab pipe and very crooked shells...

A981_BEE4-_F129-4_E42-8_E31-5_BE2_E2_F13

“Alley check” clearly has a lab pipe and much straighter shells...

428_B028_D-81_AB-40_FC-_AD66-37932_F5_A2

The fact that we can see a lab pipe on Cantina Captain, I think it is fair to assume he’s wearing the Alley Check pack? 

If so, should my shells be more aligned than Move along? 

Also alley check has the crooked bottle cap and mortar tube cap so that would tend to suggest that this is definitely the CC pack? 

Thanks again 

Hello John, welcome back! I hope what i said, did make you wanna come back to finishing your application. 

Can i please add one thing that stood out for me? While you’re at it for added accuracy.. it’s the upper fins on your exhaust port, they have to align well with the buldge of the 2nd rib of the seed tray. This would also help it attach to your seedtray better. It makes sense that way too. 

Hang in there man ..

Hi John,

yes, i think that must have been very early. Yes, there is no Tape on the seedtray - but i can not say, if there is no tape on the Toolbox.

The packs were always repaired. The scenes were filmed differently in the sequence. Here a example from my pack:

kpz6fxf7.png

The first pic plays after (!) the second pic, but the pack from the earlier scene (second pic) is broken. So you can say, it was filmed after them.

Some scenes where filmed later in England. So, some Packs are broken, repaired and not in the same condition like before in tunisia.

So, i say yes to the labpipe, yes to the tape on the toolbox and yes to the crocked caps.

1 hour ago, m4vrick said:

Can i please add one thing that stood out for me? While you’re at it for added accuracy.. it’s the upper fins on your exhaust port, they have to align well with the buldges of the 2nd rib of the seed tray. This would also help it attach to your seedtray better. It makes sense that way too. 

Hi buddy. 

Can you explain a bit more please? 

Does it need to move up or down? 

16 hours ago, bigwam said:

So, i say yes to the labpipe, yes to the tape on the toolbox and yes to the crocked caps.

So to clarify, for Cantina Captain, are we basing our builds on this pack worn by Alley Check? 

428B028D-81AB-40FC-AD66-37932F5A2682.jpg

Hey John, I have just watched the scenes on the bluray another time :sweat:

And here we go:

39625834435_3a1632a068_b.jpg

Although the pic might be a little blurry, one can clearly identify the crooked plunger on top of the bottle, the crooked cap on top of the mortar tube... as well as the tape on the box.

This is your pack. 

• Upvote 1

Additionally there is the high labpipe as well, so I guess we can assume that there will also be tape holding the bottom seedtrays together... and there should also be the small gap at the top, where the one seedtray has slid down. 

17 minutes ago, Hausi said:

Additionally there is the high labpipe as well, so I guess we can assume that there will also be tape holding the bottom seedtrays together... and there should also be the small gap at the top, where the one seedtray has slid down. 

To be fair, there are also scenes where the seedtray hasn’t been taped up, so given that we can’t tell from the Cantina scene, surely we can assume that it was filmed early in production before any repairs (in Tunisia) 

4 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the cantina and alley way scenes were filmed in London.

I was under the impression that the Cantina scene was shot in tunisia, however due to the fact that we can’t see it, how do we assume at what stage in production that tape was added? 

If we dont see it on screen then I’d argue that both with and without tape are acceptable since no one could competently price otherwise.... 

The outside of the cantina was shot in Tunisia, where the very first scenes from ANH were shot, quote from BEYOND THE ARMOR: "The first filmed sequence featuring stormtroopers[...] was shot on March 23-25, 1976. The scene: a group of heavily laden stprmtroopers, four on foot and two astride creatures, search the seemingly endless desert [...]" Page 20

This clearly shows that the very first scenes were shot in Tunisia, where the Packs were probably damaged during filming. The Cantina scene as well as the the alley scenes were shot afterwards at Elstree Studios in London. It seems very umlikely that they repaired the packs, especially the seedtrays but left the tape on the lunchbox. 

John, people here are trying to help you achieve a certain level of accuracy, it's not about giving you a hard time mate.

2 minutes ago, Hausi said:

The outside of the cantina was shot in Tunisia, where the very first scenes from ANH were shot, quote from BEYOND THE ARMOR: "The first filmed sequence featuring stormtroopers[...] was shot on March 23-25, 1976. The scene: a group of heavily laden stprmtroopers, four on foot and two astride creatures, search the seemingly endless desert [...]" Page 20

This clearly shows that the very first scenes were shot in Tunisia, where the Packs were probably damaged during filming. The Cantina scene as well as the the alley scenes were shot afterwards at Elstree Studios in London. It seems very umlikely that they repaired the packs, especially the seedtrays but left the tape on the lunchbox. 

John, people here are trying to help you achieve a certain level of accuracy, it's not about giving you a hard time mate.

It’s just frustrating when different components are critiqued along the way. If all the pointers were given at the same time then I wouldn’t have built things a certain way. 

Now after building the pack I’m being told that the front of the lower tray needs to have “slipped down” and have a gap. 

This is the first time this detail has been mentioned and I’ve glued my seed trays together and they aren’t coming apart. Also my shells are in a custom made holder that won’t accommodate them being wonky so I guess the journey ends here for me 

John, don't give up! You are really close now and discussing all of these details is what this is all about. 

I have talked to Bigwam and we have agreed on the following:

Although we cannot see it, we can agree that there were probably no Sandies with thighs where the back has been cut to allow easier movement, but with those troopers where it can't be seen, applicants are allowed to cut that area.

Same goes for your trooper: You have to change the height of the labpipe, add the tape around the lunchbox, change the position of the plunger and mortar tube cap, move the exhaustport as M4verck has suggested, paint the mortartube in a matte black, add the paintruns... but you can leave the lower seedtrays as they are as they can't be seen in the scene, no need to rip them apart again and no need to add tape, okay?

I think the requested fixes aren't that difficult, so way to go mate.