*ACTIVATED* TD-21804 Requesting SWAT Deployment #52

talizman

5 hours ago, henselmonster said:

any chance youd send it out to the states?? All I can find is 2.5" clear tubing. And it still doesn't fit my caps! :6:

In all seriousness, if I can help anyone out by sharing this, drop me a pm ;)

I’ve been fine tuning my weathering. I’ve removed a fair amount and tried to emulate the reference pics and the recently cleared SWAT guys. 

5A2AB159-FF6C-475F-AEEA-FBD78DB5A8AB.jpg

B5C0B8A1-42B3-4F4A-A52C-61F17439327A.jpg

Shoulder bells -front 

C7724ED2-13C8-484A-AB2F-0D6E2974EFB4.jpg

shoulder bells - rear 

70F5699F-528C-4255-BAE3-7FB4E5F6D8C9.jpg

Thighs

1F095CF5-D062-45C0-B597-76A6C10CFFA7.jpg

Shins 

86E34871-40C2-4D44-B136-247EFAC7F4F3.jpg

Biceps and forearms 

441E95C7-3809-46E7-A79B-FB3F0C118EFE.jpg

Weathered bottom edge of tool box 

E81B7E57-2FA6-4CE0-8075-9909D231CE51.jpg

E3EFABA4-C96B-49E4-BD2C-7FE0CFC31E47.jpg

I’ve got 2 lengths of 68mm pipe left 

they’re 34” each allowing enough excess to chop them down to 29.5”

one of them is going to Henselmonster, if anyone wants the other, drop me a pm. No charge, just cover the postage

B5031_D55-726_F-4_C2_F-8_FF3-_A74_C095_D 

Weathering is looking very promising already but some of it looks still a little too solid and not natural enough (especially the chest, the shoulder bell and the inside of the right thigh, looks as if it was just applied with a brush or sponge and that's it) Try toning it down using some very fine sandpaper and/or silicone remover to take some of the paint off again, then add another layer, that way it should look more realistic.

• Upvote 1

Ok so I’ve made the requested mods to the weathering. I’ve toned it right down and made it less solid. All of the helmet mods were completed earlier in the thread  

My pack is scratch built and is also fully detailed in this thread  

Feedback invited, hopefully I’m close...

EywcLFP.jpg

NKxinhj.jpg

W1nwcVs.jpg

i2Tt6Wp.jpg

vt9FA9W.jpg

6hqrX0D.jpg

0E9US3D.jpg

22Ria3s.jpg

W8Yzuyf.jpg

tJGIRkz.jpg

F5nyuRo.jpg

HfUvkPK.jpg

E3_EFABA4-_C96_B-49_E4-_BD2_C-7_FE0_CFC3

E81B7E57-2FA6-4CE0-8075-9909D231CE51.jpg

138E804E-8636-4E2A-9E68-06BD7FDC376E.jpg

9E7D2F1E-B91B-4D16-8C57-A1B2C63F1604.jpg

913F1BE0-3600-4EE3-9ED3-AECB4F2926B1.jpg

CDDD877E-898F-4671-B269-B543A418F241.jpg

Hi John, I think your chestweathering looks very close to the original now but I would like to ask you to add a close-up of your chest for me to compare to the references.

Again, awesome work on your pack but as Airborne Trooper has already pointed out, put some dirt on it! ;)

I will also need to see pictures from the sides and the back again in which you are wearing your pack (one separate picture from the back without the pack). 

John, these people are here to help you. This SWAT program is an ever-evolving program and it should be. As you probably know, alley check captain and cantina captain both wear the same armor.

For example, I know there’s that recent discovery of that one white tape on alley check captain’s back bicep. Will that be added to a SWAT requirement, that’s the panelists to decide. For me, i know i will add that detail to mine.

As what i’ve said before, even your backpack has some details that mine’s missing. For sure John, once you’ve completed this process, i believe you will be the most detailed SWAT trooper around. (Until someone does better :salute:

44 minutes ago, m4vrick said:

John, these people are here to help you. This SWAT program is an ever-evolving program and it should be. As you probably know, alley check captain and cantina captain both wear the same armor.

The reason I’m confused is because I haven’t seen anyone else posting pics of the rear of their armour when their trooper is a pack wearer. It seems silly to try and emulate screen accuracy when it isn’t ever seen on screen...

You didn’t post pics of the rear of yours and I don’t recall any other pack wearer being asked to post pics of theirs 

In your newest pics you aren't wearing your pack, so I have to see that. As you have to gear up anyway, you can easily show a pic of the rear. Don't worry, I won't be paying much attention to the parts of your armour that would normally be hidden because of the pack, but that way it's easier for me to see the parts that wouldn't be hidden. So way to go! 

13 hours ago, m4vrick said:

John, these people are here to help you. This SWAT program is an ever-evolving program and it should be.

As what i’ve said before, even your backpack has some details that mine’s missing. For sure John, once you’ve completed this process, i believe you will be the most detailed SWAT trooper around. (Until someone does better :salute:

Couldn't have said it better.

And you're so close now, looking forward into welcoming you to the SWAT team!

1 hour ago, dutchy said:

Couldn't have said it better.

And you're so close now, looking forward into welcoming you to the SWAT team!

Thanks dude. 

I’m just in the process of dirtying up my pristine pack :dancing-trooper:

Okay, so hopefully these are my final submission pictures on my SWAT journey. 

I’ve completed all of the modifications as requested and I hope my kit is good enough for SWAT 

V883eMP.jpg

SXGZvlK.jpg

ngbcxfV.jpg

DizEELB.jpg

HUsTT2A.jpg

TIzNi7b.jpg

MwwOmoq.jpg

btf9Ppv.jpg

pcgClbO.jpg

u2M5fI6.jpg

jHOAt37.jpg

R4X75py.jpg

bcdblOu.jpg

EK9HxXy.jpg

• Like 1

Hi John, thanks for adding more pics. I have started working on your review but will be away for a couple of days snowboarding, so please give me some time to finish this. Thanks for your patience mate:salute:

• Upvote 1

Hi John,

thanks for hanging in there and for providing all the updates. Let's continue with your review.

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: application review part 4

Name: John Reilly

Legion ID#0: TD-21804

Forum Name: Talizman

Garrison: UKG

ANH Sandtrooper selected: Cantina Captain

Helmet:

Green lenses: check

Paint color on traps / tears: check

Paint color and number of teeth: check

Mic Tips: check

Vocoder color: check

Rank bar: check

Brow: check

Side Screws (ears): check

Weathering: check

**Additional Comments**

Good job on the helmet mate, you´ve got all the important details covered.:duim:

**Result on Helmet**

CHECKED & CLEARED (please wait for final decision of the SWAT panel)

Armor / Suit Details:

Canvas straps shoulder: check

Neck Seal: check

Black Undersuit: check

Shoulder Bells: check

Biceps: check

Forearms: check

Pauldron: check

Chest / Back Plate: check

Kidney / Butt plate: check

Ab plate / Side Rivets / Cod: check

Strapping: check

Tighs: check

Shins / Calves: check

Sniper Plate: check

Boots: check

Gloves: check

Hand plates / Guards: check

Ammo Belt (waist) w/ correct angled edge: check

Ammo Belt (right knee): check

Canvas Belt: check

Pouches: check

Weathering: please see comments

Crotch Snaps: check

**Additional Comments**

Your weathering doesn´t really match the one seen on screen, first of all some major highlights are missing:

Back of right shoulder bell and biceps : It´s easier to get the weathering right on these parts if you twist the right biceps clockwise.

39353006720_34f443ee33_b.jpg

27289682638_34f19ec897_b.jpg

The weathering on the following parts should be adjusted or altered:

Chest:

1. You have successfully toned down the “Clawmarks” but there should be four of them and the one furthest on the right should be extended.

2. You should add some dirt on the upper left chest to match the reference.

3. This section on the righthand bottom of the chest should also receive slightly more dirt.

40267373175_22ab6fe680_b.jpg

40450563704_1bbee92c5c_b.jpg

Abdomen:
Please add this vertical line (as seen in m4rick´s SWAT application thread)

mystery_line.png

Thighs and Kneeammobelt:

1. Please add the U-shaped weathering in the section after the first raised rectangular detail:

39353006720_34f443ee33_b.jpg

40451253234_666309799c_b.jpg

2. Please adjust the strangely shaped spot on the right inside thigh so it matches the screen cap.

41119793562_67509ef5db_b.jpg

27289681458_d89ca20479_b.jpg

3. Please add the horizontal line on the right outside thigh.

**Result on Armor**

Pending

BACKPACK

Details: check

Weathering: check

Position: see comments

**Additional Comments**

You have really done an amazing job on your backpack, it´s simply stunning how close it is to the screen-used pack. Very well done, mate. But there is one little detail which can be improved:

Your pack is hanging a little too low compared to this scenecap:

41119246892_8660462c05_b.jpg

26291298207_705163896c_b.jpg

But that´s an easy fix, so you don´t have to add any additional pictures for this.

**Result on backpack**

WEAPON: DLT-19

Details: check

Weathering: check

**Result on Weapon**

Although we highly encourage applicants to build the “Bapty”-version of this blaster for SWAT, we still accept the regular version and yours is a very nice example, I like all the details.

John, I think that these are some fairly simple changes and a piece of cake after all the work you have already put into your gear. I know how hard it can be to get the weathering right… it tends to give you a headache and sometimes, having more than one pair of eyes involved in the process can help a lot, this is what SWAT is all about, so go for it and keep up the great work.