*ACTIVATED* TD-21804 Requesting SWAT Deployment #52

talizman

21 minutes ago, Hausi said:

John, don't give up! You are really close now and discussing all of these details is what this is all about. 

I have talked to Bigwam and we have agreed on the following:

Although we cannot see it, we can agree that there were probably no Sandies with thighs where the back has been cut to allow easier movement, but with those troopers where it can't be seen, applicants are allowed to cut that area.

Same goes for your trooper: You have to change the height of the labpipe, add the tape around the lunchbox, change the position of the plunger and mortar tube cap, move the exhaustport as M4verck has suggested, paint the mortartube in a matte black, add the paintruns... but you can leave the lower seedtrays as they are as they can't be seen in the scene, no need to rip them apart again and no need to add tape, okay?

I think the requested fixes aren't that difficult, so way to go mate.

Ok bud, thank you. I’m happy to do the modifications you mentioned but when I thought I was going to have to rip my seed trays apart etc it was going to be too much as I’d probably need to replace the trays. 

I’ll get on the other mods you mentioned 

Yes, i know. I write it before you put the Mortar tube on the Frame.

I mean, note the right place for the mortar tube! The Labpipe is higher. I write it, before you put it lower and it is false .. you understand?

okay, let me help here. Bigwam wants to point out that you should pay attention when attaching the mortartube again, that the height is correct compared to the height of the labpipe, but I have had a look at those pics where your mortartube was still attached and I think you should be fine. 

Another issue that he has addressed is the shape of the top of your labpipe. While the height is fine now, the shape isn´t correct, the top shouldn´t be as pointed as yours is, I will add some pics in a minute.

Your other question was about the tape on the toolbox, I think it should be about 2cms in width, can be slightly wider but not much.

As far as the exhaustport is concerned, you should be fine aligning the upper mounting lugs with the rib in the middle of your tray, you can use a spacer for the lower mounting lugs so that it doesn´t turn out crooked in the end. 

As I´ve already mentioned, your labpipe has the wrong shape at the top. Have a look at this pic:

26667085428_7a4a023797_b.jpg

my very amateurish drawing should show an enlarged version of the top of the labpipe, showing the shape it should have. 

25667611177_96fd4b178b_b.jpg

Have a look at the reference pic again and try to somehow emulate that shape. Shouldn´t be too difficult as you don´t have to pull it apart again, just add something at the top.

My mortar tube is back after painting and the height is good. 

I’ll fashion something for end of lab pipe. 

477_BC99_C-7152-4_B8_B-_BD3_D-_B9_D474_DI’ve cut the mounting brackets off my exhaust. I’ll reposition them 

• Like 1

Okay so I’ve been working on the pack all day.... hopefully the issues have been addressed satisfactorily 

I chopped the mounts off of the exhaust and moved them so that they correspond with the ribs like Strider’s pack 

6334_EE4_B-_EF41-45_D3-_BCC7-_E12112_FCE

Mortar tube painted matt black. 

Mortar tube cap on at an angle

Bottle cap on at an angle 

Exhaust aligned with middle rib as requested 

Lab pipe raised to correct height 

Tape added to tool box 

9_A79_E479-_B5_C4-470_A-_B81_E-58_F230_C

52_EF8_EC8-8033-4549-8662-64_CBA60_B17_C

B8_C1_B163-4250-4_F05-8_E7_B-299_A4_D474

C41063_ED-0_FC2-44_AC-_BDF1-1_DA7_AA8492

the only job left to do from the list is to add to add an end cap to the lab pipe so I’ll work on that. 

Hopefully then I can start weathering it if the rest is good? 

Nice work on the exhaust port mate! Looking good.

Tape around the toolbox is good as well and same goes for the labpipe, good work emulating that shape from the reference pics.

One thing I haven´t noticed before is the height of the detail on your mortartube: it is sitting too low, I´m sorry that I´m a little late pointing this out. I´m aware that this is quite annoying right now after you have already painted the mortartube but it´s an essential detail. Hopefully it will not be too difficult to change that (hope you glued it on using E6000). 

40512529632_707333b297_b.jpg

It should almost align with the upper edge of the tray:

40555289521_3b7525f7e5_b.jpg

40512636162_71e704fc85_b.jpg

8 hours ago, Hausi said:

One thing I haven´t noticed before is the height of the detail on your mortartube: it is sitting too low

It should almost align with the upper edge of the tray:

40512636162_71e704fc85_b.jpg

Done. 

Removed. Repositioned. Repainted. 

138_E804_E-8636-4_E2_A-9_E68-06_BD7_FDC3

9_E7_D2_F1_E-_B91_B-4_D16-8_C57-_A1_B2_C

CFAFBEE8-_DBCD-4355-9_E00-956801428414.j

Did you get the mortar tube from TT? If yes, one thing that i noticed was his was a little too long. I had to cut the length a little. & Hausi was correct on this mortar tube length part. 

Now what you have is a SWAT worthy backpack John. Mine is honestly missing some small details; but after learning from yours, i will surely add these up. :)

15 hours ago, m4vrick said:

Did you get the mortar tube from TT? If yes, one thing that i noticed was his was a little too long. I had to cut the length a little. & Hausi was correct on this mortar tube length part. 

Now what you have is a SWAT worthy backpack John. Mine is honestly missing some small details; but after learning from yours, i will surely add these up. :)

No I didn’t get the tube from TT. It’s a 68mm drain pipe and I bought 2.5m of it :D

That's the advantage of living in the UK/Scotland, here in Germany it's really hard to get a pipe with the correct diameter.

Your pack looks really good now, time to get it dirty!:salute:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hausi said:

That's the advantage of living in the UK/Scotland, here in Germany it's really hard to get a pipe with the correct diameter.

Your pack looks really good now, time to get it dirty!:salute:

I’ve got lots left, if I ever build another pack :D