Recast armor

ANHTDGUY

Well, I made the mistake of buying armor of of EBay from what I now know of being from a known recaster. Prior to noticing that you had to post your armor maker, and after finding the post in regards to warning of buying from such known recaster or recaster period, now I am worried that I can't be deployed. Can I still be deployed into the MEPD recast armor??

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

Do you have the armour already?

It probably needs some photo's mate for anyone to give you a realistic assessment.

Some costumes can be adapted to a least get you through basic approval (some more than others) and may require a fair bit of effort to do so, but it's possible.

You should be able to get some suggestions once we see some pics and you can either decide to take it on, or, learn from it, sell it on, and start again.

Did I mention some pics :) 

4 hours ago, ANHTDGUY said:

Well, I made the mistake of buying armor of of EBay from what I now know of being from a known recaster. Prior to noticing that you had to post your armor maker, and after finding the post in regards to warning of buying from such known recaster or recaster period, now I am worried that I can't be deployed. Can I still be deployed into the MEPD recast armor??

It isn't going to be a problem for approval/ deployment/ SWAT as most of the recasts are being done from the best armors that are currently available. I think it is a good thing though that you have read into the subject of recasting and that you realised that the vendor you bought it from probably is or is a recaster.

New to the 501st members often make the mistake of buying armor on Ebay or similar sites, but this is where most known recasters reside. Also the size of the wallet of the buyer can be of major influence when purchasing an armor.

All in all, post some pictures of it and no worries my friend!

:salute:

I will post some pictures this evening. It is clean armor for the most part though, I have looks at all of the pieces and I am pretty sure it is legit for the most part.

While most of us, at least some, have a problem with recasts or better recasters just out of our sense for justice, the 501st and thus the MEPD detachment also fine with it as long as the recasted armor is up to 501st/MEPD specs.

Personally i have always followed a antirecasting policy, at least since i found out about all of this, but that is just me!

I think it is to your credit that you have a bad feeling since you found out about this recaster of your armor.

Noone is to be blamed for his lack of knowledge as we all have been new to all this at some time!

Good luck with your build!

It is tough because I have to refer to pictures and reference materials since there are no trim indentations or trim guide on the armor so I have been trimming it all in hopes of properly doing it correctly.

It was supposedly recast off of an original ANH set of armor.

22 hours ago, ANHTDGUY said:

It is tough because I have to refer to pictures and reference materials since there are no trim indentations or trim guide on the armor so I have been trimming it all in hopes of properly doing it correctly.

It was supposedly recast off of an original ANH set of armor.

Don't worry much! Most armors, and specially the best ones, have no trim lines or nothings. This is one thing that makes this hobby fun!

And... as said, no, it wont be a problem for your clearance, deployment or SWAT badge. And anyone elsewhere that says so, is just wrong.

Although most of us are against recasting for the most, the 501st has no an official stand or policy against or in favor of it.
No worries bro. 

About it being a recast of an original ANH armor, unless it is an RS Propmasters armor, I can asure you, it was not. No one owns moulds from an ANH armor other than them. And no one in the hobby making armors own a full an ANH original armor.

:)

Let us know if you need anything. And post pictures! We love pictures.

Saludos.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
On 7/9/2017 at 5:07 PM, ANHTDGUY said:

"Curse you Makerofthings.....!!!"

On 7/9/2017 at 5:07 PM, ANHTDGUY said:

"Curse you Makerofthings.....!!!"

Wow this is late ( really sorry) but if your still active. 

how crappy was Makerofthings, Even for a recast? I ran across his etsy a week or so ago and so did another guy who was looking for his first TK. I was told to give it a wide-birth over on whitearmor.net.

But I've never done a kit before and wanted to do a test-run before buying a good TK kit. 

His kits atm are 

$275 for an ANH

$300 something for rogue one.