Building a different sort of pack, Black Pauldron road block

Knockerbot

6 hours ago, Knockerbot said:

You're awesome Badbatch! That pouch breakdown is going to help so much buddy. Thank you

This is so much fun.

Making my own lab pipe too. I have  lengths of 1', 1/2", and 3/4" so I'll just play around until it looks good. Perks of being an electrician, easy access to scrap conduit.

Glad to help- this particular trooper has my favorite load-out. 
I've got pretty much everything but the RT-97C done myself. :D

BTW: here are my pouches locked in on my belt.
F9Uz7lb.jpg
The roadblock pouch is AMAZING for storing stuff. I previously had a MP38 on the right and a Large Spanish Pouch on the left, and while you could hold a lot in the LSP, you could never actually GET to most of it.
The Small Spanish Pouch is just about perfect to carry my trading cards, and if we don't have a secure changing area I can keep my phone, wallet, and keys in the roadblock pouch.

On 7/3/2017 at 9:58 AM, dutchy said:

But when you look closely there isn't even a filter element in it...

Plus you can clearly see the saucer/ disk element on top of the bottle.

sandtrooper_hd_102.png

This scene most have been shot before the roadblock scene- or else there were major repairs after the initial shooting. 
Pack #1 in this shot has both the top cap for the mortar tube as well as the bottom blue/grey bottle under the toilet siphon.

Both of which are missing in the roadblock scene. 

It also appears to be missing the electrical tape that appears in the roadblock scene

Tape visible and missing bottle visible
star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-4968.jpg

Tape and missing top mortar tube cap visible.

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-4974.jpg

I think that is how it went, first the alley check scene and after that the roadblock scene. So this means that there are 2 variations on one pack. Isn't being a part of the MEPD fun :P

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

So is this filter thing in one scene, and you all are saying no filter in another?

It definitely looks like a different color than the base seed trays so i would say install the filter portion. 

I will be referencing and building the same pack for my Anovos build. 

• 4 months later...

I'm having trouble figuring out the length of the mortar tube. 

I found that grey 2" ABS electrical conduit is an exact match to the AP PVC pipe that Mark sends for his thermal detenators. So I'll be using that and painting it black. 

Im still collecting things but I found a pitcher lid. I think it's 4.5". I don't have my tape in the house and I don't feel like going to the car. I have an AP TD kit for the bottom cap and panel traded for with my completed kit from a past TK life lol.

For the lab tube Im gojng to use 1" electrical conduit cut to a 15" length and the ends reamed out to fit a 1" piece of 3/4" electrical conduit. Then paint black. 

I'm going to handbuild the filter box using the box size specs I found in another thread. It was posted earlier in this thread. Not sure out of what but I'm looking for some sort of plastic. I think I may make the inside out of plastic too just for durability sake. Fold thin plastic as an accordion. Paint it all black. 

Middle bottle Im going to go find a sanding disk and a bottle. Cut the bottle down to 17cm I believe the size was. Paint it. 

My mother in law is printing the toilet siphon, radio, and gio style bottle at work for me using the plans from this site. I'd get her to do the mushroom cap too but the file says it isn't sized correct and I don't want to waste time. She's kind of... stealing printer time and a "professional" who uses the printer from work lol. 

Shoulder straps will be cut from a US army duffle bag, sprayed black, and riveted to the frame. That way it's adjustable and comfortable. 

I need to find metal for the cross members on the frame. 3/4" aluminum it looks like. I'm not sure where to get that. Thinking princess auto here in Canada may have it. Need it to build the brackets for the canteen too.

I'll be using a 1" nylon strap around the bottom and radio. Held tight by screws to the frame I think.

For those of you keeping score at home I think all that's left on this pack past what I have planned for is:

-Seed boxes

-mushroom cap

-toolbox

-money 

You may have noticed the word buy has not been used too many times.  I've taken it as a personal challenge to make this pack as cheap as humanly possible. I'm collecting slow, thinking a whole lot, nonstop actually. I think about this everyday but I haven't done the build At all yet.

I don't want to be off but I have time off this next week so I was thinking of at least getting the parts I have together and figure out the filter and middle bottle.

I have a huge question though. Will I have problems going to PO with this build?

My pack build I'm having problems sharing photos. I'm not sure what's up so here's the album. 

I unstitched the straps raps from the bag today. Took about 2 hours. It was insane how well made it was. To my surprise the straps are connected so I have lots of extra webbing to attach to the frame when I get to it. 

Radar dish is actually 5" so I think I'm good there. Just need a backer piece and a carriage bolt. 

I found an old toolbag strap. It's 1.5" wide and adjustable.  I think I might try that as the strap around the bottom and if it works and looks good then I'll leave it if not I'll use 1" webbing. 

The  lab tube took me 30 seconds to build. I cut two 1.5" lengths of the 3/4" and a 15" length of the 1". I dry fit the 3/4" pieces in without teeming out the 1" and to my surprise they fit so perfectly tight that they aren't coming back out for glue lol. So that's built. 

any idea how long this motar tube should be? I know the normal one is 30" but pack 1 is shorter and I can't find a measurement anywhere. I was hoping to get this cut today but without a pack beside me to compare photos to I can't even guess a length. Even if I did guess I wouldn't want to be wrong based on a hunch. 

I am not familiar with flikr but getting the direct image path on imgur is really easy. I don't think the top of the bottle is the pitcher lid. The top is too flat looking. It could be the plastic sander backing that's used to space the mortar tube to the pitcher lid insert that's also used. 

Thanks Airborne, that actually answers a question I didn't know I had too. I wasn't sure how to mount that disc either :) I'll buy two of them

I have been searching for a bottle to match that one. I think I found an okay one at Walmart. I should pick it up. It's only $4 that I'm out if I'm wrong lol

quick tip on Flikr @Knockerbot...

(are you using PC or your phone app?)

On your PC if you open the photo you want the link for, you'll then see four symbols in the bottom right corner.

Click on the large arrow to "share" (second symbol from the right) .

In the pop-up box that comes up, select the BBCode option at the top.

Then select the size of pic you want to share from the drop down box (I normally pick a medium option).

Then copy the code that you can see. Paste this code directly into your thread on here.

Follow that process for each photo you want to share, then click submit.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you're still having trouble.