Photobucket won't host forum pictures anymore!

RoCKo

I just realized that Photobucket.com won't host 3rd party pictures anymore!

That means that all pictures posted in public forums such as the MEPD forum won't show up anymore unless you pay for it from now on.

I used Photobucket from the very beginning and all pictures i ever posted here or in any other similar forum will not show anymore.

The only way to have your pictures back again is to pay Photobucket big money for it!

I will switch to another photohoster as soon as possible, i'm not going to payfor it...

Do you have the same problem and what free photohoster is the best in your opinion?

Yes, I noticed today as well. This really kills probably 80% of the threads of all forums (not just the MEPD). I don't know why they decided to nail their own coffin but I can't see anybody paying 400 USD yearly for a service that you can get for free from other hosters.

I have my own domain and I'll host my pics on there for the future. Also I'll try to update the pics in my most recent threads.

Like you said, i think this is one of the main reasons to use a photohoster and noone will pay $399 a year.

Funny but my sig is still there... at least for now!  

This is a real pity, especially for those that want to search back on old threads for their build research!

i wonder if they realise?

They either do, and are being greedy, or they don't and will work it out when they lose a stack of users.

looks like I'll be diggin out my Flickr account and using that from now on.

tbh The advertising pop-ups on photobucket annoyed the **** out of me anyway

• Upvote 2

I have made the switch to imgur.com. I will have to go through my tour log and the few tutorials and replace the photos when I have time. Photobucket definitely killed themselves by doing this. I know I should stop being cheap and buy my own domain and hosting in reality though. 

• Upvote 1

I had a 2+ year wip on the SLD, decimated by Photobucket. I can understand a fee for bandwidth but 400 a year is outrageous. It's like the bitcom worm extortion virus.. your pics are locked, don't worry they are safe .. if you pay a fee..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is weird. I just submitted my Police officer liaison, with pics from photobucket and it seems to work.

You have to copy manually the link now though.

4 hours ago, Yooda2004 said:

This is weird. I just submitted my Police officer liaison, with pics from photobucket and it seems to work.

You have to copy manually the link now though.

I don't think everyone has been affected yet. Maybe it's being rolled out in phases.

I'm ok too for now, but I suspect it's only a matter of time so I'm moving to flikr anyway.

Yeah, i'm experiencing the same.

While some/most of my shared pictures are now replaced with this stupid 'Update now' pic by Photobucket my avataris still there but also hosted by PB...

I really do hope they will rethink their behaviour when they loose a good bunch of people unwilling to pay their ridiculous fees.

Photobucket has been circling the drain for years.
This is likely going to kill them completely, because nobody in their right mind is going to pay that ridiculous sum for a simple hosting service.

Edit- Even more ridiculous- I can't get to my OWN images without turning off my ad blockers. Photobucket is toast.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...