Henselmonster Backpack Build

henselmonster

• 2 weeks later...

Wound up 3D printing my stinger. I will get the file up on Thingiverse eventually if anyone else wants to use it. 

QeEoFOb.jpg

Getting everything painted this weekend except the trays. 

For the vintage trays I am thinking about reinforcing them with fiberglass, they are pretty fragile so I don't want them to crack all the time. 

Sooo I love my woodman radio. Its a beauty. But when I got it from woodman I had it with all the decals and radio dials on it. In hindsight I shouldn't have done in leu of screen accuracy, and I can't bring myself to remove them or paint over them since its such a beauty. 

So, like a crazy person, I ordered a second radio kit from Sonix World. I will keep my Woodman, but add it to my sandtrooper collection shelf. 

This is an excellent kit. Also comes with all the hardware to assemble the switches and plugs. 

I won't be adding the the decals or dial or anything, just knobs and hardware to match the look of the move along pack. 

Excited to build this one. Should be fun. I recommend the kit, it is much lighter than the woodman radio so its perfect for my pack. Thanks @GodOfLibra

LuSjhAC.jpg?1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, henselmonster said:

Sooo I love my woodman radio. Its a beauty. But when I got it from woodman I had it with all the decals and radio dials on it. In hindsight I shouldn't have done in leu of screen accuracy, and I can't bring myself to remove them or paint over them since its such a beauty. 

So, like a crazy person, I ordered a second radio kit from Sonix World. I will keep my Woodman, but add it to my sandtrooper collection shelf. 

This is an excellent kit. Also comes with all the hardware to assemble the switches and plugs. 

I won't be adding the the decals or dial or anything, just knobs and hardware to match the look of the move along pack. 

Excited to build this one. Should be fun. I recommend the kit, it is much lighter than the woodman radio so its perfect for my pack. Thanks @GodOfLibra

LuSjhAC.jpg?1

thank you very much for the nice words, please, see that my work, is appreciated so, thank you mate,  and I can’ t wait to see the final result

Tony

SonixWorld

• Like 1

Got the pieces glued together, dremeled away the plug on top of the main cup. Just need to fill in the gaps and clean up any rough areas with putty and sandpaper. Then this guy should be ready to paint! 

Very happy so far, mostly that I didn't ruin the siphon, but also thats its much closer to the screen accurate look. 

gf40n76.jpg

• Like 1

The finish line is in sight! Almost everything is painted up and ready to install except the capacitors and mortar tube. 

Next I think I'm going to enforce my vintage trays with fiberglass since they are so fragile. Then modding the bottom front tray to 5 ridges and painting. 

Than finally, installation to the pack frame! I may just have this done before April! (ah crap I jinxed myself didn't I?) 

0kXc8uo.jpg

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, CrookKnight said:

Where did you get the capacitors (shotgun shells).  I have been looking for those to use on my packs.

I found some vintage capacitors at a electronics surplus store. They seem to fit well. I have pics earlier in my build