Henselmonster Backpack Build

henselmonster

annnnnnd another authentic vintage part for my pack! The Giostyle canteen! Getting closer to 100% vintage!

Still trying to figure out if the exhaust was made from found parts or custom built. Same with bottles. Other than that I’m at like 75-80% vintage (minus radio, but it’s a cast of a vintage part so I’m counting it at this point lol)

23iyp4o.jpg

storm56 has shared this link in his own build thread:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/pots-ornaments/used-seed-sowing-trays/1282439526

I have tried to contact them several times to get some infos and maybe buy some but the line was always busy, guess something didn't work as the seller is in the UK and I was trying to call from Germany. You might give it a try though.

On 12/28/2017 at 2:24 PM, CrookKnight said:

Of course I would. I just need one that I can cut into the proper shape and then I'm going to send it to someone who can reproduce in aluminum. I just contacted to from the UK today and neither of them shipped to the US. Why is it so hard to ship from the UK to the US? Since I am from the US I do not know why there is an issue. I can ship to any country in the world from here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

CrookKnight,

Any updates on reproducing frames in aluminum?

thanks

4 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I would put the Safari 600 on display and use a Lion Star lol. I'd probably display a real shires too just because they are so elusive. 

Haha Yea I thought about that. Could be an interesting conversation piece in my house. "oh that, yea thats just a vintage canteen and toilet siphon, pretty rare" 

I'm excited to have a vintage build, but at this point it will never leave my house lol! Luckily now I can build two packs, the second one will be getting the lionstar for sure. Plus I now have the RWA siphon, older seed trays (not accurate but I will use what I have) Older vaccuformed mushroom caps, the beginnings of a 3d printed radio, another karrimor frame with the squared bottom, a spare Brexton box. I guess I've been a backpack part hoarder for the last year. lol 

On 3/11/2018 at 7:01 PM, H310 said:

CrookKnight,

Any updates on reproducing frames in aluminum?

thanks

Yes.  I am already doing some for people.  I am also using 4 aluminum 1 inch wide strips across the frame to attach the seed trays to the backpack.  Makes for a strong and lightweight pack.  Going to build my personal pack this way.

• 3 weeks later...

Well at this point I think the only parts I’m still using from when I started this thread are the mushroom caps, Tupperware lid, and the frame lol! Looks like I can build two packs now!

New pack parts

g7xPjk2.jpg

“Old” pack parts

6MrdOj0.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RoCKo said:

Niiiice! I really like your attention for small details...  keep it coming!

Looks like you just need the bottles...  PM sent!   ;)

Thanks! YES! The bottles have been eluding me! I can’t seem to find ones I like. Didn’t see a PM go through. I’ll keep an eye out for it!

• 2 weeks later...

Working on finding a good color for the bottles and trays. Battleship grey is too dark IMO, but its not bad. Trying a few other commercial options, if those don't work ill custom mix a color I think. 

PMS 7543 is what I am aiming for. 

xZ23qYz.png

Tested Battleship Grey and Tamiya TS-66 INJ Grey

L78MYq8.png

These are both too dark for my taste.

I'm testing this guy out next, I'm afraid it will be too green but worth a shot. 

as26.jpg

sam_3924.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

For those interested, I'm selling my spare kit in the for sale section. I was going to build two packs, but its just taking up too much space and I don't have the time. 

Don't worry I'm still doing this build with my other parts, I may have sourced some vintage trays too! 

Ok getting back into this! 

Found some vintage trays on the site that will not be named. One arrived cracked sadly but I can make due. I will probably repair that one and add the 5 ridges to it. But I tested another vaccuformed tray I already have, and it is a perfect fit, maybe I will use this as my 5 ridge box? Maybe? I don't know I'm on the fence. 

EPCPXER.jpg

zAqX9Ec.jpg

bxss0Lv.jpg

RjbyG3y.jpg

GhU6hVE.jpg

G9pG94M.jpg

NsNFj1p.jpg