Henselmonster Backpack Build

henselmonster

Hey Troops! I am finally starting my new pack build after nearly a year of collecting the right parts for it. I still want to replace my seed trays and the siphon with original parts, but I will work with what I have for now. I am planning on 3D printing the exhaust, but I am going to wait until I have the correct sized seed trays so I can fit it properly. Down the road, when i can get the cash together I will replace the radio with the woodman cast, but I am pretty happy with the one I have for now!

6MrdOj0.jpg

I am using my nalgene bottle as a place holder for the top bottle. It seems to be pretty close in size to the screen ref so i may just look for some used ones at a flea market this weekend and use those. 

Nj8mzfe.jpg?1

Q6ntKFO.jpg

I am following @Strider's build pretty closely with this one. I am wanting to get as accurate as I can with this. So many changes need to be made but its a start for now! Hopefully over the next few months I can finish this thing! (P.S. The radio was from Rolf who I believe originally purchased it from Strider) 

• Upvote 5

• 3 months later...
Just now, henselmonster said:

Got my hands on a real Shires Siphon and I am patiently awaiting my new seed trays. After that I can finally start on this thing! 

Very cool.  Where did you get the Shires Siphon?  I have been looking for one to use as a reference so I can start reproducing them.  Those things are hard to find.

• 3 months later...

Might be going overboard on this build hahah. I found a real gio style canteen too. And another Karrimor frame (I bought for the straps....lol). I also found the correct Brexton style lunch box to replace mine. 

At this point, all I need is another radio and I can build two packs! haha

I bet Shawn would buy that frame without the straps. He's looking at getting these produced so it's a bit cost friendlier than buying Karrimors from the UK. 

Of course I would. I just need one that I can cut into the proper shape and then I'm going to send it to someone who can reproduce in aluminum. I just contacted to from the UK today and neither of them shipped to the US. Why is it so hard to ship from the UK to the US? Since I am from the US I do not know why there is an issue. I can ship to any country in the world from here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sadly my spare frame isn't the correct style. The bottom portion would need to be modified. Its more square than the trapezoid shape of the proper frame. Its still the correct size and everything else, just the bottom part. Thats why I was probably going to use it to just build a lighter pack for trooping thats more lightweight than the screen accurate one I'm working on here. 

s-l1600.jpg

Sorry to hear you bought the wrong frame.... 

I bought the correct frame but the wrong colored backstraps, so if you are willing to sell me your red kidney and upper back straps, please PM me!

It might help to recoup some money...   :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, RoCKo said:

Sorry to hear you bought the wrong frame.... 

I bought the correct frame but the wrong colored backstraps, so if you are willing to sell me your red kidney and upper back straps, please PM me!

It might help to recoup some money...   :thumbsup:

I actually have the correct frame as well! I bought this frame for those back straps actually haha. Found it on eBay for pretty cheap. Going to use this other frame for a second pack that’s for trooping.