R1 discussion topic on the FISD

dutchy

13 hours ago, iconoclasta_88 said:

I was one of those who not only voted against having the HWT here, but also was very loud when voicing my opinion on why we should not. At the time, the decision was made and the HWT that started with TD designation was changed into TK. That was a big victory for our detachment, or at least, it felt like it. It was not a matter of having more than one CRL, but to win the sole right of being called TD. Yes, it might sound ridicule now, but back then we felt like we accomplished something.

Weren't we all at that time...we were proud of our work and what was achieved as a community( I personally still am ). As you also say, if you translate it to today it sounds a bit snobby especially when you look at other detachments which have different variatons on the main detachment character in their ranks.

Times have changed and so have we, I'm really looking forward to this whole process as it goes :)

:salute:

• Upvote 1

Being new to both 501st and MEPD I have less than two cents to add, however I will say I love this direction. I have loved reading these posts and discussions over the last week, I have learned a lot. Being the next generation I could not be more proud of this detachment and it solidifies my choice in being a Sandy and in joining here. Change can be tough but change is always necessary. Without change and without evolution we risk becoming irrelevant. Thank you to the command staff of the FISD and MEPD for working together and making us the best we can be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

The R1 Jedha Patrol and R1 sandie is the same thing. 

As I understand it FISD is trying to keep the Jedha Patrol (the Kyber Crystal backpack) for themselves-
n2K4DBT.jpg

and leaving us the 'sandtroopers' that don't actually appear in the film
20161227_145200_HDR_resized_zpsioam8u8a.jpg

Is this not the case?

I'm arguing that we should have BOTH in the MEPD.

4 minutes ago, BadBatch said:

I'm arguing that we should have BOTH in the MEPD.

Seems that, so far and as agreed over the FISD thread, we will keep both pack troopers, and FISD will keep packless troopers, even the one with heavy weathering. That sounds right to me. 

Of course, that is just forum discussions, we now need Paul and Justus to work the bureaucracy  with the LMO and the council, have the characters approved to be part of the 501st and work on the CRLS... 

Its a long way to go, but this is going in the right direction!

Saludos.

• Upvote 1

As  Juan said, we have reached consencus about the R1 sandtrooper and the Kyber patrol. They both will be added to the MEPD.

I'm so excited right now!!

Official announcement incoming!

• Upvote 4

As  Juan said, we have reached consencus about the R1 sandtrooper and the Kyber patrol. They both will be added to the MEPD.

That's great news..!

I had a thought after reading Juan's post. If the detachment was to be similar law enforcement. The different planets sandtroopers / local imperial law enforcement could be divide in to precincts. Mos Eisley precinct, Jedda precinct, and that would have an opening for new things to come.

Just a thought
Asher

• Upvote 1

I was trooping yesterday at the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (farm league for the Milwaukee Brewers) game when, as I came through a crowd I heard a little boy's voice cry out "It's the kyber patrol!"  :dance:
I wasn't even wearing my Sandie backpack, but I guess I had the beat up look the kid identified.  I won't lie, it totally made my night.

ch8RPv5.jpg

• Upvote 1

I had a thought after reading Juan's post. If the detachment was to be similar law enforcement. The different planets sandtroopers / local imperial law enforcement could be divide in to precincts. Mos Eisley precinct, Jedda precinct, and that would have an opening for new things to come.

Just a thought
Asher

It may not be a bad thing combing them together and calling it the Imperial Law Enforcement Detachment/Division or whatever but I still think that we should keep it as Department (MEPD and JPD) rather than precinct...

On 23-6-2017 at 5:53 PM, dutchy said:

That is AWESOME!

Kyber patrol for me then!

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 10:19 PM, johaneggink said:

That is AWESOME!

Kyber patrol for me then!

Contact Jim(miroquai) for details on pricing for the R1 armor :)

And an excellent choice, we'll be keeping a close eye on our progress then.