May 2017 Newsletter - Celebration Edition

henselmonster

2FrQh1A.png

vWsiKhD.png

Welcome troopers to the May newsletter for the Mos Eisley Police Department! Apologies for the late posting of this months article. We will be back on schedule again in June!  What a month it has been! In April we had Celebration Orlando, and this month we just celebrated the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars and the 40th of the Sandtrooper. It has been a great 40 years and we look forward to many more celebrating these films and characters. 

In this issue:

- Hear from our Detachment Leader

- A recap of Celebration Orlando

- Congratulate our Trooper of the month.

- Welcome our newest SWAT member.

- henselmonster • TD-11787

I7R9yHf.png

What a month we’ve had or at least some of us. Celebration Orlando was being held and I can tell you a lot about it, oh wait l wasn’t there….But some of us who attended it will talk about it in this special Celebration edition!

During the last month we’ve been trying to get the female patrol/ squad set up but it appeared to be harder than I expected. Especially finding the right the name for our ladies. But it’s still on my to do list and I’m hoping to get this up and running very soon now…and the ladies are in the lead on this one. So ladies…where ya’ll at!!!

One other thing that I’ve noticed is that the traffic on the forum is increasing and that members who weren’t that active have found their way back and that makes me proud, so welcome back everyone!

And what about those new MEPD name tags that were designed by Henselmonster…another great example of excellent MEPD swag! Thanks for creating these and making them available for us Henselmonster! If you have been inspired by his work please do contact him If you have any ideas for MEPD merchandise.

Backpacks, backpacks, backpacks…have I mentioned backpacks earlier? Exciting new findings have been made, some still have to be confirmed, so we can finally build the pack with the correct parts. Strange isn’t it, that we’re still trying to figure out all it’s components after 40 years..but that’s exactly what makes being a sandtrooper so exciting. Accuracy geeks for the win!

What also made me proud to is that we have started with incorporating the MEPD trooper of the month in our newsletter. So if you have any suggestions or if you want to nominate a trooper for MEPD trooper of the month please send a pm to the members of the Intelligence Office.

That’s it for now and if you have any questions don’t be shy and shoot me a pm!

Last but not least, a big thank you to all of you troops that represented the MEPD in Orlando!!

-Dutchy

BrqWjhf.png

So Celebration 2017 has come and gone.  We have the memories.  We have the pictures.  We have the swag.  By now, you’re either fondly remembering your time there or you’ve looked through the pics and heard the stories and know a little about what you’ve missed.  That being said, I think it’s fitting, being that we are here at the MEPD, to take a look it this from the Sandtrooper’s perspective.   There was a lot of Tatooine at this year’s celebration.  It was very nice to catch up with all the MEPD folks as I walked around the show.  It was also nice to see so much focus on the “Land of Sand.”

One of the very first things that caught me eye was the artwork of Drew Baker.  He had a very amazing display that was heavy with Sandtrooper visuals.  He had an amazing painting with a kid saluting a TD, but the thing that caught my eye was a piece from Celebration Europe, very timely to the MEPD.  It was a print of female sandtroopers taking off their helmets in a break from battle entitled “Shade.”  Beautiful and powerful work.

The next Sandtrooper friendly piece of awesomeness at Celebration was that Regal Robot Dewback sofa.  I true work of art.  I will need to save my lunch money (for about 6 years) to get one of these, but WOW!  It was an amazing piece of artwork for the casual Sandtrooper 

Up5Uyfd.jpg

Walking around the con, there is plenty to see in regard to Tatooine movie quality props and scenery.  The land speeder was awesome.  Some of the troopers even posed for a smaller group photo with the speeder.  The 501st room offered up a nifty Tatooine village display complete with Sandtroopers and a Dewback (Okay, maybe not the gray pauldrons though). There was Jabba’s Palace, packed with Scum and Villiany to question and arrest.

FasUwRD.jpg

OlThJ96.jpg

VGGtSGi.jpg

m1w4W5x.jpg

And Speaking of Scum and Villiany, that Bash!!  It was all decked out with Tatooine and Cantina props and scenery.  Balloon Jawas, Tuskens, Dewbacks, Banthas and Sandys were all life-sized.  Cantina Twi’lek dancers and performers were entertaining the crowd.  Some of us even had to work.  Both I and TD-91197 had to patrol the Lars homestead crime scene and keep all the evidence from being destroyed.  The burning bodies were still there and folks were just stomping by waiting for Weird Al to perform.  Oh yes, by the way, Weird Al was awesome!

wxOpdCz.jpg

xCNLHEC.jpg

We had a great turn-out for the MEPD group photo.  It was nice to collect Team Dirty in one place and put real faces to the names and pictures we find here and on social media.  Sure at times the lines and crowds made it tough, but meeting and spending time with your friends from across the world is what it’s all about.  To me, the 45 minutes I stood with me fellow TD’s for the photos made the whole event worth the time and energy. 

- Punisha 

TYaX2nk.pngApril's Trooper of the Month is being awarded to Andy/Smudger/TD-19630. Andy's first troop with the U.A.E. Outpost defines what the legion is all about! Charity, goodwill, and setting the tone of "bad guys doing good". Bringing smiles to children's faces makes every late night getting our armor to spec well worth it. Great work, Andy! 

IMG_4874.JPG

- Airborne Trooper • TD-82573

oUiHEdP.png

Congratulations to our newest SWAT Officer: spOOL68!

68686SWAT.jpg

Achieving SWAT is one of the hardest levels in the entire 501st. It takes incredible attention to detail, patience and persistence. Roger did a great job throughout the past few months completing this level making him one of the very few who have been able to reach this goal. We welcome him to the SWAT ranks and congratulate him on a job well done!

- henselmonster • TD-11787

r8Q163i.png

sidebar_facebook.png

sidebar_twitter.png

• Upvote 2