Mystery pouch

3 hours ago, Fraulein said:

And to me the top half where the leather tab is attached to the lid, looks more like a metal cap rivet than a circular stitch.

Yes, it looks like a stud or a rivet..

• 1 year later...

Here is another picture who shows the pouch from a bit other angle.

I had also searched a few days intense after it. Can't find it, but one day!

I think the origin are the pre Ww1 era. Maybe a type of pouch, called cartridge box.  There are some other thinks in ANH with that origin, like many jawa bandolier, holsters, waterbottles, all things that weren't custom build but some of them are real rare.

Screenshot_20181023-195618.jpg

• Like 1

It is certainly an odd beast.  It has the LONG strap like German pouches traditionally do, but it doesn't fasten (via stud) on the underside, like German pouches typically do.

It doesn't look British, as they tend to have a flap that is wider than the body of the cartridge box, and rounded across the top and the front profile.

It definitely looks like (and is the right size for) either a cartridge box or a small med kit, but try as I might I can't find anything no matter how long I search.

• Like 1

I'm really leaning towards the dutch "bloktas"

They are rare but a repro would do the trick too.

Here 2 pics of one. Bear in mind that we can't see all the details that well in the reference picture so it could easily have studs like these or stitches..bloktas 1918 front.jpgbloktas 1918 back.jpg

• 5 months later...

Back with this pictures

ylku3.jpg

xok3t.jpg

0ijck.jpg

Tha wide shape of the pouch looks to me like a cartridge box or a double pouch. Cartridge boxes have the closing rivet normally at  the bottom. Not on the front, some double pouches have these but this pouch looks not like its splitted in two pouches. At the side to the backpack there is a rivet in the lid, at the side to the front there is no rivet. The side shape looks a bit like a triangle.

I hope that helps to find the original pouch, sadly  I think it's a overworked pouch...

Best regards

• 2 years later...

I bought this Pouch on ebay. Also not bad. A German Beltpouch from the 2WW, used by the NSKK (thats the description). I think, the dimensions are good. Look the comparison to the MG-15 Grip:

resized-326101568-20211207-181204.jpg

resized-e43001616-20211207-181249.jpg

resized-ba3c01658-20211207-181313.jpg

resized-13fb01733-img-20211203-wa0005.jp

resized-573701805-20211207-192945.jpg

resized-62da01846-20211207-181336.jpg