Mystery pouch

As I was reading another topic made by bigwam I couldn't resist to start looking for the ominous roadblock pouch that still hasn't been identified.

I've checked all the pouches that were used by the axis and the allied forces but no succes..

So that made me think, is it an ammopouch? Could it be a medic tool box or a repair kit but sadly no success on that either. But then I came across this beauty....

bingoooooooooooo.jpg

il_570xN_789079272_rdfj.jpg

It's a swiss messenger/ first aid bag/ pouch type of thing...shapewise it's in the same area  I would say but the dimensions are a mystery but my guess is that this isn't it either but I think we're moving into the right direction with determing what was used.

Let's hunt this pouch down troops and end this search.

That we can't find droids isn't our problem,but this must be found now.

:salute:

roadblock mystery pouch.png

• Like 1

The closest I've come across (in a very quick search) is potentially a small binocular pouch?

These look close but not close enough. One German, One Japanese. Both wwii which seems to have been favoured for other pouches.

German_Carl_Zeiss_jena_bino_pouch_1.jpg

jap_bino_pouch_1.jpg

Nice find as well, thanks for sharing and searching :)

It's too round as the pouch that was used has more squared/ rectangular shaped edges. But when more people are looking for it the bigger the chance we'll find it!!

:salute:

Some time ago I found a Japanese pouch that looked the part except for the tab.
My theory back then was that the tab, a triangular one, had fallen off and was replaced with a regular single tab using a new rivet and the stud already on the pouch.

I was never able to get one of those to check dimentions and all. But it los possible.

If I'm able, I'll look for it later and post it.

Saludos.

• Upvote 1

Really a mystery pouch. I've been watching it for a while. But i have found no similar pouch, like the Roadblock Pouch.

As an alternative, i have show you the portoguese pouch:

Some weeks ago, i bought this book about  pouches round the world:

20170517_185930.jpg

There are many similar pouches like the roadblock pouch:

20170517_190006.jpg

Some Germans:

20170517_190024.jpg

• Upvote 1

On the filmclip, it looks like the strap is inside the cover. By the netherland pouch is it on the cover. But the shape looks like the netherland pouch.

Huh..I never knew that our army had their own specific design of pouches.

I really do must say that this one is 95%  of what the real deal looks.

I'll contact some people that I know if they have some of these.

Excellent and exciting suggestion, and a great find for sure!!

Look at these 2 happy hippo's...they are dressed in the Royal Dutch East Indies uniform and they are wearing the"m95 pouch called "bloktas" I think this is really it...

And the good part is that my uncle was a Sergt.Major in the East Indies...I'll have to go fish in his gear..

KNIL reenactor 2.jpg

Exactly! :peace:

The only thing is the lip..but maybe the one used was customized as they did a lot for all the different units. ( At least that's what I read)

20 hours ago, bigwam said:

Really a mystery pouch. I've been watching it for a while. But i have found no similar pouch, like the Roadblock Pouch.

As an alternative, i have show you the portoguese pouch:

Some weeks ago, i bought this book about  pouches round the world:

There are many similar pouches like the roadblock pouch:

Some Germans:

20170517_190024.jpg

The topmost pouch in this pic is nearly a dead ringer for the roadblock - depending on it's actual size.
It has a center strap attached under the flap (although with two rivets rather than one)
Square flap, fold-over sides on the flap, 
AND two straps on the rear to slide onto the belt.
The only other difference is that the closure stud is on the face of the pouch rather than the bottom, but moving the stud WOULD explain why the strap on the roadblock is extra long.

32 minutes ago, BadBatch said:

The topmost pouch in this pic is nearly a dead ringer for the roadblock - depending on it's actual size.
It has a center strap attached under the flap (although with two rivets rather than one)
Square flap, fold-over sides on the flap, 
AND two straps on the rear to slide onto the belt.
The only other difference is that the closure stud is on the face of the pouch rather than the bottom, but moving the stud WOULD explain why the strap on the roadblock is extra long.

The size can be seen in the picture I posted of the 2 reenactors of the Royal Dutch East Indies, so that should be correct too.

And there were a couple of variants made as I read , for infantry, cavalry, genie..

9 minutes ago, TD42115 said:

This is the picture i was looking for, Swiss made for soviet army, meant for 7.62x54R rounds.

BAG4-310x310.jpg

This looks a lot like it too, but the roadblock pouch is boxed/ squared and this one  isn't as far as I can see.

18 hours ago, dutchy said:

Actually there is one detail that is't right and that is that the top lid should be straight on all sides.

And to me the top half where the leather tab is attached to the lid, looks more like a metal cap rivet than a circular stitch.