A New rubber E-11 is HERE! "Praetorian Blasters"

You're kidding me, right? That's absolutely amazing!

Yours/Sci-fires have always been the best out here but such details are just stunning.

Didn't know it was even  possible to achieve that clear details with rubber castings!? 

These are the days of next level trooper stuff, can't wait to hear what else is coming up....

20 hours ago, RoCKo said:

You're kidding me, right? That's absolutely amazing!

Yours/Sci-fires have always been the best out here but such details are just stunning.

Didn't know it was even  possible to achieve that clear details with rubber castings!? 

These are the days of next level trooper stuff, can't wait to hear what else is coming up....

Thank you RoCKo

While we no longer fly under the Sci-Fire name, our attention to detail still remains very important to us.

The newer materials and techniques developed in the film prop industry over the past few years have vastly improved , so we can in turn improve our products.
Don't misunderstand me, I myself am not in the Film industry. But, postmortem01 is. He is the one responsible for the majority of the improvements we have made.

Wow, those look great!

The only details I would nitpick are:

1) What's the rectangular block on top of the scope?

2) The area under the scope rail is not cut out.  Is that  possible to cut out?  Or perhaps replace the rail with aluminum, if that would make it too floppy?

3) Similarly, the front sights aren't cut out, inside.

Otherwise, that looks amazing!

Is there any way to add glass (plastic) lenses to the scopes?  Functional or not, something other than black rubber there goes a long way towards increasing the realism, I've seen.

1 hour ago, kman said:

Wow, those look great!

The only details I would nitpick are:

1) What's the rectangular block on top of the scope?

2) The area under the scope rail is not cut out.  Is that  possible to cut out?  Or perhaps replace the rail with aluminum, if that would make it too floppy?

3) Similarly, the front sights aren't cut out, inside.

Otherwise, that looks amazing!

Is there any way to add glass (plastic) lenses to the scopes?  Functional or not, something other than black rubber there goes a long way towards increasing the realism, I've seen.

1. The block on the scope will be an option for those that want it . It was in some of the scopes in ANH ,but not all

0845abf0d7fdd2e4f058f1b5b399e7d2.png

2. The scope rail is solid and contains an armature . If not, it would flop around . Cutting this area out would compromise the structural integrity of the scope rail .

3. The front sites are not cut out, that is correct. This is not only for strength (like the rail) but also for ease in casting . Leaving them open would cause the mold to possibly tear or the sit itself . A torn sight means the whole blaster goes in the trash . One might be able to dremel them out, but I don't think it's worth the time and effort necessary to do it .

4. (Not numbered) the scope has inserts in place already . It's a little hard to pick up in the pics, but we have already added them for you .

93b97cd9b12800f7c625f4edc9f65255.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Definitely appears to have space to add glass/plastic for the scope. My hyperfirm doesn't have cut outs under the rail and front sights either. 

Looks like they actually added the scope inserts already, which is awesome!

My Hyperfirm didn't have them either (under the scope), but it turns out it's pretty simple to cut out. :)  I left the area immediately under the scope since the counter is on the other side anyway, which gives support to the heavy part.  But it adds considerably to the look, I think, to allow light to show through under there.

I agree I probably wouldn't want to cut out inside fill in the front sights of the Hyperfirm.  I don't think the material is robust enough to handle that.  I was wondering if this rubber might be better, though.  And I'd rather have them experiment (and possibly ruin an already bad cast as an experiment) to see if it's a feasible mode, than me risk ruining my personal blaster. LOL

bishopx, on 05 May 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

We start casting tomorrow. If you are interested but not sure you can swing the cash right now, please sign up on the list anyway. We will try to work with you on timeframe, etc. There is a "Special Instructions" area on the form so just shoot us a note that you are not ready yet but you may be ready around ??/??/????.

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't at least notch the fins so you can add the wire, or even have the wires on when it ships. I'll have to talk with John about it.

however, the two wires next to the bipod mount will not be possible as we can't cast it with the holes being open .

we may have to fudge it a little there or see what else can be done

On 5/6/2017 at 6:37 AM, slave1pilot said:

if you like the E-11, wait til you see what's coming...

hint:

18279016_758439571000236_3618859536373867334_o.jpg

OMG! My favorite ! I already have a b grade hyperfirm but a cleaner nicer one would be tops! Especially if it has the charging handle, etc. Looking forward to it!

Is there a way to have rubber parts permanently attached to plastic parts? 

I ask because it would be absolutely kichass if there is a way to build the barrel with actual holes in itot just dents

That would add so much authenticity to the MG. 

It always borhered me that the holes always had to be filled/closed for casting or pouring rubber casts, same with my MG-15...

37 minutes ago, RoCKo said:

Is there a way to have rubber parts permanently attached to plastic parts? 

I ask because it would be absolutely kichass if there is a way to build the barrel with actual holes in itot just dents

That would add so much authenticity to the MG. 

It always borhered me that the holes always had to be filled/closed for casting or pouring rubber casts, same with my MG-15...

The answer is that we COULD do it but we would not do it. That would simply drive the price up and the quality down. We try very hard to make these the best. Nathan and I are manufacturing these one at a time and discarding "bad" castings that do not meet our standards. We are not trying to produce these the same way we did for 10 years prior. We've made many more molds of the individual parts to create a cleaner final piece for everyone. The consequence of this is that they take WAY longer to make each. We are also trying to give you options.

The DLT-19 is such a large gun and always has a high potential of failure during casting that we'd probably go the safest route on producing these the first time around. We are separating pieces from this original, similar to what we've done on the E-11, so the detail will be much higher and quality will be much higher as well. We are doing some really cool stuff with the DLT-19 that we haven't done in the past. I think everyone will be very please by the outcome. 

I should mention that we've pulled two candidates for molding from our weapons department. Oddly enough, one of them is the original MG-34 that we molded long ago. We will be using parts from both MGs and assembling them into, what we hope, is the definitive MG-34 for our project.

On ‎5‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 11:37 PM, slave1pilot said:

if you like the E-11, wait til you see what's coming...

hint:

18279016_758439571000236_3618859536373867334_o.jpg

................................................"cries tears of joy"

Thanks for the welcome guys! Nathan and I are glad to be back in some capacity. We have some cool stuff coming. We'll show you guys more progress as we go so you can be more involved in the build process. We like the input and will try to give you guys the elements you need.

• Upvote 1