Newbie from the UK

Jimmy Filth

I'm thinking of joining the MEPD. I'm currently a serving Officer with Essex Police over here in England and guess I fancy a transfer to somewhere warmer. Ha.

I've got my TD suit on order, which is a 10 month wait, but have a Shoretrooper suit arriving soon which will keep me busy.

It also gives me time to get to grips with the TD backpack, source parts and figure that out.

I also already have a TK lid which I will be modifying to be a TD (essentially painting over the vent lines on the traps and then have a go at weathering it.

My aim is to go for SWAT level as I don't really like the pack, so would rather go for a TD without.

Saying that, I'm also toying with the idea of going for a RO TD (if the Jeddha patrols count).

I guess it will all depend on how successful my pack turns out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome man.
You don't need a pack for basic level approval.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:54 AM, Jimmy Filth said:

My aim is to go for SWAT level as I don't really like the pack, so would rather go for a TD without.

If you plan on doing the Road Block Captain version 2, for SWAT (or any troop that does not have a pack), then you will need a pack to qualify for PO first. I know it's weird. This is why I'm not swat or PO yet.

I need to do a lot more research on who I would like to use as the basis for my suit, I've seen a couple that interest me. Especially as I wouldn't mind giving a T-21 a crack! Ha.

That reminds me, I found a visual guide of the various troopers seen on screen and their equipment, but now can't find it anywhere (may be because I am now on Tapatalk).

5 hours ago, Jimmy Filth said:

That reminds me, I found a visual guide of the various troopers seen on screen and their equipment, but now can't find it anywhere (may be because I am now on Tapatalk).

Buhbam - http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/forum/3-imperial-issued-armor/ stickied have the breakdowns of four.

Welcome to the MEPD!! Have you contacted the lads of the Britannia Patrol yet as they can help you in the most excellent way!

And you're thinking about a R1 Sandtrooper/ Jedha Patrol, now that's great as you will be the 1st one to make one, that is if you are really going for it.

Good luck either way and looking forward to some nice work in progress pictures!

:salute:

I didn't know there was a Britannia patrol tbh. I'll have to track them down.

I'm torn at the minute between what to do exactly, but I've got a fair while to decide.

An R1 TD would be cool, but I'm not even sure how I'd go about doing that at this stage. I have done no research into the difference between R1 armour and ANH armour. I know there is a big difference in helmets

Once the shoretrooper is finished I'll start on this properly, decide exactly who/what I want to do and go from there. My planned timeline is to weather my current TK helmet then finish the blaster and backpack before the suit arrives.

Hey there 

yep, lots of difference with R1 armour haha.

im in the U.K. Too and cleared my sandy with the ukg just before Christmas.

the Britannia patrol is great, all the guys on there are dead helpful ( as they are here too!)

introduce yourself on the Facebook page. 

Theyll definitely be able to help with getting the pack together, if that's where you're looking at starting .