*Done* TD-27090 Requesting Deployment

@ Andy - There is no major hold up. We're just finally getting the site running a bit smooth again after multiple 'bumps' in the past few weeks. Also, with the new updates of Photobucket not allowing third party photos on a few sites out there, it is a little difficult to reference submitted photos.  We might have to contact members one by one again to get photos sent directly to private email for review. 

Are you able to see submitted photos on your end? Unfortunately, I cannot.

But, I think I should be able to go directly to his PB account to see his uploaded pics there. Not as easy to see as here on our site, but we'll get this taken care of!

REVIEW GLITCH.JPG

13 hours ago, SCRIBBLER said:

@ Andy - There is no major hold up. We're just finally getting the site running a bit smooth again after multiple 'bumps' in the past few weeks. Also, with the new updates of Photobucket not allowing third party photos on a few sites out there, it is a little difficult to reference submitted photos.  We might have to contact members one by one again to get photos sent directly to private email for review. 

Are you able to see submitted photos on your end? Unfortunately, I cannot.

But, I think I should be able to go directly to his PB account to see his uploaded pics there. Not as easy to see as here on our site, but we'll get this taken care of!

REVIEW GLITCH.JPG

I will talk to him ASAP

@SCRIBBLER

I have checked my PB account and all seems in order at this end. There was no direction by the site to take up a full PB account and there were no issues with capacity. 

If you could kindly re-check the following link and let me know how you get on please:

http://s1320.photobucket.com 

Thanks,

SS.

I use flickr.com. I think they are partners with (or owned by) Yahoo. So if you have a yahoo account, you can easily get a Flickr account. They also have an app.

@ Grant - Is uploading directly to this thread from your personal folder possible for you? If we cannot figure this out we might have to go the direct email route for the completion of your review. No worries, we'll get you deployed one way or the other!  :td: :duim:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I have spent some considerable time seeking approval for my kit (as you can see from the date of the above messages). Could Command kindly review the photos contained in the following link and confirm if they are content to issue approval for deployment please?

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/grantdyson/media/2017-06-13 18.10.41_zpsunyx1kn4.jpg.html 

As per my email of 13 June 2017, I have updated my Photobucket account and can confirm all requested additional photos from the first evaluation have been added:

1. Corrected photo showing pauldron on right shoulder and without holster (I will delete the non-compliant photos shortly)

2. Photo from rear showing canvas belt covering gap between kidney and butt plate.

3. Side photo showing pouch in upright position (not slanted).

4. Close up photos of boots (x3). There is some evidence of wear from the bottom edges of my calf armour, so I have re-painted around the ankle with off-white acrylic paint.

5. Close up of my radio. 

I trust the above is now in proper order and looking forward to deployment.

Regards,

Sandtrooper Seigi.

Hi Grant,

Bigwam/Thomas or myself will be taking over the job of doing your next review but it can take some days as we are in the midst of writing some other PO/SWAT reviews atm. 

In the meantime it would be great if you could post the most recent pictures of your gear here in your application thread. That would make our lives easier and is the common practise. None of our most recently deployed officers hast posted links. 

I would also suggest using another picture hoster than Photobucket, e.g. Flickr works rather well. 

If you need any help just ask for it. 

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics here... and finally getting you deployed. Thanks mate! :salute:

Thanks to your both for the prompt responses.

@Hausi/Urs: ok, understood - as you can see at the top of the thread, I originally submitted my photos directly to the thread but due to volume limits on the forum the size of the photos were rendered too small, hence the move at the time to use a link to PB. Have the volume/capacity issues encountered before now been improved meaning that I can post all pictures direct to the forum at reasonable size? If all else fails I may just attach a fresh photo to each individual post (keeping each photo below 0.03mb) so you guys can see the photos clearly. 

@Bigwam/Thomas: noted, thanks. I have submitted the required information to the access thread today.

Regards,

Grant / TD-27090 / Sandtrooper Seigi

9 hours ago, Sandtrooper Seigi said:

Have the volume/capacity issues encountered before now been improved meaning that I can post all pictures direct to the forum at reasonable size?

Hi Grant, I think that even when using Photobucket it should work, have a look at Andis SWAT Thread:

He also uses Photobucket and those are some high res pics (okay, the giant Logo sucks:sweat:). 

Try clicking on the pic to enlarge it, then copy it and put it in your thread. Hope it works. 

Thanks guys - rather than take a chance trying to post reduced-size photos direct to the forum (that got me nowhere last time!) I have set up a new Flickr account and uploaded all of my submission photos for your review (see link below).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/163341804@N08/

Please let me know if this link works and you can view the contents for PO approval.

Many thanks,

Grant / TD-27090 / Sandtrooper Seigi

P.S. Thomas - hopefully the access request has come through on the separate thread you sent me [I have requested Sandtrooper access to the system] = thanks! :-)

Hey Grant, those pictures already look promising. :duim: Now that you have already uploaded them to a new host, it should be pretty easy to copy them into your thread. I also use flickr and I would suggest deleting them and uploading the relevant pictures once again, if doing this on a computer, you can see them in a kind of preview window. Then you left-click on the pic you want to share here and you will see the larger version, after that right-click on this larger version and coose the copy option. Then you go into your thread and right-click again to embed the picture here. Should work that way (has at least always worked for me:sweat:

I hope you understand that we ask all applicants to post their pics here, first of all it's easier for us and secondly: everybody likes to look at pictures. ;)

Let's see if it works, looking forward to seeing your pics here. 

BTW, I was so free to grant you Sandtrooper access.