42182's Move Along

Here's where I'm at on my backpack build: 

LkrmPP3.jpgJYMriRo.jpgZtze1Z9.jpgLVbViw5.jpg3jdCq33.jpg

That's two years of sitting in a box in my workshop worth of weathering. I can't really take credit for this much of the progress, as it was assembled when I purchased my kit a couple of years ago. I will have to finish it, though. 

I've never read anything that requires backpack strapping to be a certain way, and I'm unsure of what to do there. 

Looks good. Some pieces need to be repositioned but looks good.

As for strapping, there is no requirement so whatever works for you or what you find comfortable. I found and old backpack at a local thrift store, cut the straps and used them on mine. They work pretty good and I can go about 2 hours before I start to feel the pack weight.

Yeah! Looks nice already. Just need to position correctly some parts. 

And as for the straps, I too used an old backpack's straps. The one thing that I really like and helps me keep the load off my shoulders is the across chest strap. That I wear under the chestplate. Lots of help to carry the heavy pack!

Saludos.

KK7Pjtfh.jpg

Came up with this for the stinger tail. A pill bottle cap, a vape juice cap (I cut the top off of the eye-dropper bulb to give the pen something to adhere to) and a pen. A little bondo to smooth out the rough edges, build up a more curved slope toward the antenna, a little paint, and it'll be ready to mount.