Now bidding

Vf2112

If you are at Celebration Orlando, then head over to the EFX booth and gaze with wide wonder upon the most beautiful, screen used, crappy helmet!

It's here!

stop_that_ship_helmet_01.jpg

stop_that_ship_helmet_02.jpg

stop_that_ship_helmet_03.jpg

stop_that_ship_helmet_04.jpg

stop_that_ship_helmet_05.jpg

stop_that_ship_helmet_06.jpg

stop_that_ship_helmet_07.jpg

stop_that_ship_helmet_08.jpg

And even better, there is a REAL Sonix Victory 75 radio on the Sandtrooper manequin near the Road Squadron!

sonix_victory_75_01.jpg

sonix_victory_75_02.jpg

How do you know it's the real thing? The slightly bluish tinge to the gray color of the faceplate. The antenna cap has the cone shape just like the radio posted by BigRed. Look at the slots in the speaker grill - very difficult to create by casting in resin. The letters do not have any outline indicating a transfer from a clear decal sheet, or black from a stick-on adhesive print. The right side has a 5 pin DIN used to connect a tape deck. The left side has two audio connectors with the top one marked MIC and the lower marked EAR.

Incredible!

Does anyone know whose sandtrooper outfit is on display?

Charlie

Yeah, that's Gino's latest Sandtrooper and backpack, finished just in time for celebration. I'm happy to see the frame and seed trays I've send him displayed there, too :)

I told him he'd need to spray the radio fully black for the 'Move along' pack but I guess he didn't want to sully his original radio ;-)