Vintage Karrimor Tot'em frame Issues

TD42115

Morning troopers, 

I decided to get started on the frame conversion this weekend and upgrade my Current pack.. Got it cut down to size but the bolts in the frame holding the supports are all seized. Let it sit in an oil bath for 24 hours still didn't budge... so i had to cut the bolts..  Just needed to move the top support. 

I need some of the white inserts for the frame tubing (integrated nut) I have stainless screws (same thread) instead of the aluminum ones. Is there a supplier for these ?

Thanks all 

Chris

Yup it is. I cut right behind the bolt head.. the rest of the bolt is seized and not coming out of the plastic piece where the nut is..  I may just fill in the ends of the tubes and make new ones.. do have a nice tap set used to doing v8 blocks... :-P 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Cipher said:

If you're still in need of the bolts, I can get them for you.

PM me :-)

Thanks for the reply brother, i have already made new mounts with Epoxy Sculpt and and tapped with new bolts. :duim:

• 4 months later...

Sounds like you've already got a solve, but one thought might be to visit Ace Hardware - they have 'nylon female spacers' in varied heights and diameters. You'd have to contour grind one side with a dremel, but looks the same to me. (I also have a karrimor frame and know exactly which piece you mean)

Nylon-Female-White-Plastic-Spacer.jpg