Weathering question

HansVader

Getting ready  to complete the last layers of weathering and wanted to get thoughts. I got the 3 color pack of fullers earth and have watched a couple videos on applying. I am leaning toward the mix with water wipe on and then thin it out and wanted to make sure I had the mix right 3/1 water/fullers if I remember what I was told (danka Felix) . Any other tips would be great :) 

71610AC8-CAB8-41C7-8CF8-EA2B44D491AD_zps

Question for ya monkey, does it seem to much? It gives a tint to the armor overall and is not really white. I was thinking of hitting the open areas with either some sandpaper or a magic sponge to bring it back to being more white. Last night I was looking at a few of the deployed pics And had me thinking maybe too much.
94A3873F-DF4B-4045-AC6D-B811D595980F_zpszoaedta2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You definitely want it to have the white showing at the base. As for my personal opinion, I would think the boots and shins would be dirtier since they have more contact with the ground and the sand compared with say the helmet.

The picture of your thighs looks okay. If you have doubts check with your GML who will ultimately approve it.

• Upvote 1

Hey Paul,

Looking good bro.

I agree with Kirk!

You want to have some white showing bellow all that dirt. What really gives the weathering the desired realistic look is to have several layers of dirt forming in different shapes, textures and concetrations... But something that is easily forgotten is that the white layer is also t be shown in some spots to have the armor appear wheathered and not painted.

Thighs look good. I would just soften a bit the brown color in the gaps and angles... It looks too brown in comparison to the tan color of the rest of the armor. 

Just rub of some paint, and paint it again, and rub off, again and again and again... I found that in weathering painting is almost second in importance to rubbing off paint. 

Saludos.

• Upvote 1