Platzer Backpack & Dewback Prod

Jplatzer

Hello,  I'm looking for feedback on two of my projects. 

I completed (I think) my Crashmann backpack.  It needs weathering, but I wanted to make sure it looks acceptable.

I built a Dewback prod.  Again any thoughts on it?  It's well over 8'.  I went with a hollow point so I can eventually add a buzzer.

Thank you.

Jim

backpack full.jpg

backpack wearing.jpg

backpack side.jpg

prod tip.jpg

prod full length 2.jpg

Looking good! Down the road you may want to consider changing your blue on your backpack to the accurate Battleship Grey (more of a bluish-grey). For now I would maybe to a light dusting of a grey over the blue just to push it back a little. But both the pack and the prod look great

Wow, nice work Jim!

Great job assembling the backpack kit. I would recommend sanding down the vertical corners of the exhaust port. The plastic pinches together during the vacuum forming process, but with some filing or coarse grit sandpaper, you should be able to shave it down.

Also on the seed trays, you should trim back the edge just a little more. The screen used ones were totally flat, which needed gaffer's tape to hold them together.

Backpack_MoveAlong.jpg

I like just a little lip to keep them from sliding apart.

Again, great work getting everything together, and your dewback prod looks good too!

Charlie

I use the Pandatrooper method of keeping the seed trays closed by using zip ties. To keep the trays shifting, I put a little E6000 on my finger tips and run it around the edges. I usually have to reapply every few troops. If your bottom tray needs the gaffers tape then skip it on that tray.