Woodman- accurate seed tray project.

woodman

Gino sent me pics of his real tray so using the info of known real parts I feel these are the most accurate trays outside of the real thing. I'm going to be offering these in super thin fiberglass. The real trays are injection molded so vac forming them won't produce the ultra sharp details. 72cfb7a6e7f26c7152d6cc5127902bd0.jpgc095bd7b2235d70b77a8a09a6e5152a9.jpg82047a667dcc8741907ca119f7533200.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Wow, one hell of a job making them smooth and straight like that. Top notch work!

However, if you have the means of vac forming them I would give it a try. 1.5mm ABS should almost give you those details and are quite a bit faster and cheaper to produce.

But in any event it is absolutely fantastic that someone finally will offer accurate seed trays after all these years!

I haven't owned any props made of fiber glass but I would be very nervous about the seed trays. My pack constantly gets knocked into people, walls, etc. while on troops. +1 recommendation for giving a shot at vac forming. Does the top seed tray on pack #3 have the nubs on the corners? I thought only the bottom seed trays had them. Looks like I'll be updating my updated pack again soon. 

1 hour ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I haven't owned any props made of fiber glass but I would be very nervous about the seed trays. My pack constantly gets knocked into people, walls, etc. while on troops. +1 recommendation for giving a shot at vac forming. Does the top seed tray on pack #3 have the nubs on the corners? I thought only the bottom seed trays had them. Looks like I'll be updating my updated pack again soon. 

Yes, the upper seed trays also had the nubs but less pronounced than the lower seed trays.

Btw, there are some reference pictures in my build of the seed trays Woodman is referring to:

21 minutes ago, woodman said:

The molds are done and came out fantastic. This about to go from build thread to sales thread.

You're on fire, Woody! :duim:

44 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Ok thanks, I'll be keeping on eye on this thread. The ones I got from Tosche Traders will have to be replaced then. They look like the same ones you had on the breakdown thread:

I didn't have the Tosche Trader Seed trays but they were quite similiar. A buddy from the UKG made them. But the ones from Woody certainly look like a great update and the dims are correct (if he stayed with the measures from Gino which I'm sure he did).

I didn't have the Tosche Trader Seed trays but they were quite similiar. A buddy from the UKG made them. But the ones from Woody certainly look like a great update and the dims are correct (if he stayed with the measures from Gino which I'm sure he did).

Wink wink.........lol but seriously the dimensions should be spot on.

A bit of construction info they're completely made from wood and skim putty. Each tray master has a full can of filler primer on it in so many layers I lost count.

Looking great! I also would go for vac formed trays, give it a try!

Same here! Really hope they're gonna be affordable! Radio is still on the list, bro!

(Still have the dutch pouch, though...   :whistling:)

• 2 weeks later...

07140a5e417ad935d9edbc7103daee8e.jpgd856775a436bc8e8f8a48817576b973e.jpg
Here's some pics of finished pulls for my pack.

I don't own a vac forming machine. I won't be offering vac formed trays. The real trays are not vac formed they're injection molded. I've captured the true essence of the trays with this manner if people are just set on vac formed trays they'll have to settle for something inaccurate and currently available. It's not possible to reproduce them accurately in vac form.

If anyone is interested in a set pm me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1