Creating a female TD Patrol/ Squad

dutchy

Troops,

As you've might have read or seen on our FB page we're looking into the possibility to create a Patrol/ Squad like the Black Widows over at JRS.

My plan is not to segregate or to split up male and female troops but to create an area where female TD's can discuss various topics and of course post pictures of their attented troops.

The thing now is that we need to have a name that will fit the squad perfectly.

If you have any suggestions please do post 'em here.

Keep it neat and clean of course.

Oh yeah, and imagine all the swag that can be created especially for this :D

:salute:

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TD9009 said:

Well ... maybe  DESERT VIXENS?
(the name of the animal is Fennec)

Fennec.jpg

That's an excellent suggestion!

We already have a suggestion made for Desert Foxes too :)

36 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Careful because The Desert Fox was Erwin Rommel's nickname in WWII. He was a Nazi BUT he also tried to assassinate Hitler. 

That shouldn't be that big a deal...and it is quite flattering to be honest if they should make the comparison, he was a great strategist.

..a litlle sidetracking here, my grandmother from my mother's side used to be a maid in WWII at a "Stützpunkt" that was a divisions HQ for the germans close to where I live and Rommel visited that place too as it was part of the Atlantik Wall. She survived the war luckily:)

Back to the subject, I do understand your concern bro'.

3 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Careful because The Desert Fox was Erwin Rommel's nickname in WWII. He was a Nazi BUT he also tried to assassinate Hitler. 

Yeah, I had thought about that. That was my suggestion.

side tracking here as well,  my grandfather had fought against Rommel in Africa, but he always spoke of a great admiration and respect for Rommel.
And I think that WW2 is starting to fade into memories and younger people might not even think of the reference  until it's pointed out. Kind of like the arrow in the fedex logo.

As mentioned on the FB page - there was a hint of using the word Sand and Sisters in the name.
I had postponed mentioning anything until is was brought up by a guy.
in case it was not understood  - Sometimes when we females are perceived to have an attitude, we are told to "get the sand out of our ******". 

Regarding swag - I do have a friend who does pin up art - He looked at the JRS Black Widows patch and said -"We can do better".

• Upvote 2

What about the Desert Scorpions? They even live in North Africa near where ANH was filmed. And they look like they have armor on!

I do like the Deathstalker scorpions too though;) Scorpion Squad?

http://www.ib-article.com/2012/12/7-scorpions-most-dangerous-in-world.html

http://poisonousnature.biodiversityexhibition.com/en/card/n-african-desert-scorpion

3 hours ago, Fraulein said:

Regarding swag - I do have a friend who does pin up art - He looked at the JRS Black Widows patch and said -"We can do better".

This is some swag I really want to see!

Well, I think it would be best to ask the future members;)
It seems a good idea, I imagine that geographical location would not be an inconvenience to belong to the squadron or patrol, or am I wrong?

2 hours ago, macnolo said:

Well, I think it would be best to ask the future members;)
It seems a good idea, I imagine that geographical location would not be an inconvenience to belong to the squadron or patrol, or am I wrong?

I don't think so? Why would it? This is (I believe) open to all female (and those who identify) as female TDs. Doesn't matter where they are.

20 minutes ago, Fraulein said:

I don't think so? Why would it? This is (I believe) open to all female (and those who identify) as female TDs. Doesn't matter where they are.

I agree, I just asked if "they" want to put a geographical limitation

some suggestions:

Caracals - desert dwelling Cat

Sand Cats - actual animal

Chiindii - Navajo word for Dust Devils, believed to be the ghosts or spirits of dead Navajos

Fata Morgana or Hafgerdiganer -  which both describe a complex and superior Mirage

On 18/03/2017 at 8:36 PM, Stevieboy said:

Desert Scorpions would be by far the best choice.

Just realised there's a squad called 'Desert Scorpions' (embarrassingly they're even part of my own Garrison - 00ps!). I assume that would prevent it being an option anyway?

16 hours ago, Fraulein said:

Correct, it's for all female troops worldwide.

• Upvote 1

Great suggestions and great to see this thread being so alive!!

I'll wait a couple more days and then make a poll :)

Thanks for sharing everybody!!

Part of me really loves the Desert Foxes; I've actually seen young children here in the States walk right up to a costumed Officer and full-on Heil him. Terrifying! But there are already so many other analogues to the Empire and Nazi's. That was the point, after all? "Fox" may be considered perhaps a bit misogynous and/or objectifying. Though Fox does fit really quite well--PARTICULARLY considering it's the Patrol Trooper. 

Wind Scorpions? Better known as Camel Spiders? Alternatively, you could always designate it something like the "182nd Patrol Team: 'The Fighting Fennecs," more of an informal nickname. 

16 hours ago, thatthingonthefloor said:

Alternatively, you could always designate it something like the "182nd Patrol Team: 'The Fighting Fennecs," more of an informal nickname. 

That's a really good suggestion!!

• dutchy locked this topic