Creating a female TD Patrol/ Squad

dutchy

I think the ladies should come up with the name once they organize and discuss the idea.  Since I started work on my article, I know of 3 TD ladies now interested in the patrol. 

• Upvote 1

I think the ladies should come up with the name once they organize and discuss the idea.  Since I started work on my article, I know of 3 TD ladies now interested in the patrol. 

Letting the ladies come up with their own name does seem like an excellent idea.

Sent from the far side of Mos Eisley

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:03 AM, dutchy said:

Great suggestions and great to see this thread being so alive!!

I'll wait a couple more days and then make a poll :)

Thanks for sharing everybody!!

:salute:

There were some Black Widows that chimed in on the Facebook thread.  If you could add those.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:45 AM, thatthingonthefloor said:

Wind Scorpions? Better known as Camel Spiders?

No way. Those things make me so angry, and I like arachnids. And they die super easy when you swat them. 
They are like a last minute idea that whomever you believe in, made.
"Lets see. I've got some spider parts left over. And some scorpion parts left over. Don't want things to go to waste. Et voila! Now I gotta come up with a cool name, cause ugly hairy mismatched solifugae doesn't have a ring to it."

• Upvote 2

On ‎20‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 2:02 PM, Punisha said:

Exactly... :duim:

9 hours ago, Fraulein said:

There were some Black Widows that chimed in on the Facebook thread.  If you could add those.

No way. Those things make me so angry, and I like arachnids. And they die super easy when you swat them. 
They are like a last minute idea that whomever you believe in, made.
"Lets see. I've got some spider parts left over. And some scorpion parts left over. Don't want things to go to waste. Et voila! Now I gotta come up with a cool name, cause ugly hairy mismatched solifugae doesn't have a ring to it."

I've never been more frightened in my life than when I woke up one morning to find a camel spider on my chest. It was approximately 0300. I ran out into the Afghan desert dressed only in my skivvies and subsequently was subject to the humiliation of the E4 Mafia. 

I consudered heavily moving to Adelaide, Australia until I learned of large huntsman spiders. Nope. Nope. Nope. And nope. 

14 minutes ago, Punisha said:

She's one of the subjects of my article.  She has expressed an interested in this patrol. :td:

Excellent!!!! :peace:

Personally, I don't want to be objectified or compared to a Nazi! I agree that the ladies should be the ones to make a final call on the name (and females only voting, if it comes to one). I appreciate all the suggestions and really like the "Sand Sisters," as it has the designation of a Sandy mixed with the camaraderie of sisterhood. There doesn't seem to be anything that might be conceived as offensive to this name. Correct me if I'm wrong! :smile: Other suggestions could be: The Dunecats (an animal native to Tatooine)  or to come up with our own acronym, like C.A.T.S. for Crazy A** Tatooine Sisters....yes, we need something else for the first two, but for now I've got nothing. Suggestions?

• Upvote 1

Perhaps when it comes to voting - we give the option of three final names? and then break it down to the one?
I have see at least four or five  that I currently like.

edit - there may be an influx of posters soon (hopefully), I am attempting to contact the other 33 TDs (not including those who have posted and myself...which is what 2?) :P

edit 2 - When it comes to patches - can we have Juan design it? I know that some of us already have friends that do our local stuff. But Juan is MEPD. Want the money to go to a fellow Sandy. :duim:

9 hours ago, Fraulein said:

Perhaps when it comes to voting - we give the option of three final names? and then break it down to the one?
I have see at least four or five  that I currently like.

edit - there may be an influx of posters soon (hopefully), I am attempting to contact the other 33 TDs (not including those who have posted and myself...which is what 2?) :P

edit 2 - When it comes to patches - can we have Juan design it? I know that some of us already have friends that do our local stuff. But Juan is MEPD. Want the money to go to a fellow Sandy. :duim:

I'll leave that up to you ladies to come with the optional names.

You can pm me the names that you reaaaaaaally like and I'll ake sure that a poll wil be created with a set timeline.

Regarding patches, I think that we definitely should ask Luis"Sandman Tigui" and John "Henselmonster" to work something out with you ladies. They both have mad skills..

16 hours ago, Zuckuss said:

Personally, I don't want to be objectified or compared to a Nazi! I agree that the ladies should be the ones to make a final call on the name (and females only voting, if it comes to one). I appreciate all the suggestions and really like the "Sand Sisters," as it has the designation of a Sandy mixed with the camaraderie of sisterhood. There doesn't seem to be anything that might be conceived as offensive to this name. Correct me if I'm wrong! :smile: Other suggestions could be: The Dunecats (an animal native to Tatooine)  or to come up with our own acronym, like C.A.T.S. for Crazy A** Tatooine Sisters....yes, we need something else for the first two, but for now I've got nothing. Suggestions?

Noted and these are the replies I am waiting for. :duim:

I want you( the ladies) to be in the lead for this project.

And good to see you back on the boards!!

I've been chased by camel spiders in Kuwait and Iraq as they like to hide in your shadow. NOPE NOPE NOPE. 

I chased one back once to try to take a picture, no BS it burrowed in the sand and disappeared into the sand like something from tremors. I ran back to the chu on twalls lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, thank you all for participating in this thread.

I'm keeping this open untill friday the 7th of april. As a follow up a poll shall be created to decide which name suits best for our female TD's patrol.

I'm looking forward to seeing this go live within a short period of time!

Keep the MEPD spirit alive troops!

• dutchy locked this topic

Troops, as for now this topic is closed and a new topic will be created that will incorporate a poll with the most favored names/ suggestions.