3D Files for Field Pack - 3D Printing

henselmonster

On 7/19/2021 at 11:59 AM, Deakin Thwell said:

Hello all, give me a few days and I will share my digitally scanned model of the Sonix/Northstar, it’s as accurate as one could ever hope for without having an original radio.  I’ve broken it down into easier to print pieces. I also made the main box with hex head anchor points and a hollow back to save weight.

Cheers,

Hollywood

8BFAC9DB-CCD7-484D-ABFD-93CA91B3BF36.jpeg

That print looks awesome! Are you still planning to share the files?

Yes, I am still planning to share it, I just need to make a modification to add a built in watermark on the non visible side, because sadly it appears someone is passing the model off as their own and selling it. 
My model is free, and always will be for our community, but I’m not happy about people charging others for it :-(

At least if it has a watermark, it will be obvious the original model was mine.

I will upload it this week, along with a few other models, including a radar dish mount and a bottle model (for the two backpack bottles).

Cheers,

Hollywood

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deakin Thwell said:

because sadly it appears someone is passing the model off as their own and selling it. 

Oh man, that sucks! 

1 hour ago, Deakin Thwell said:

I will upload it this week, along with a few other models, including a radar dish mount and a bottle model (for the two backpack bottles).

Great news! Many thanks in advance !!!

Right, I've added the watermarks, and the .STL files are for all MEPD users to enjoy. My only request is if you do print them for your builds, you mention its the DKK version :-)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18XEirIOF7_ko5r1ddABS2FAke36J-P0z?usp=sharing

All the parts for the radio, plus a bottle and bottle neck that allows for a captive nut, so it can be screwed in, and finally, a Radar Dish mount for the 15cm/5inch Dish (the 800 Lid, not the 874)

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

DKK Hollywood

• Like 2

Added the smaller Radar Dish backing plate (for the Tupperware 874 Lid..approx 110mm across ). The files above have the Radar Dish Backing Plate for the 800 Tupperware Lid (approx 150mm diameter). There seems to be some conversation around which one is correct... I personally, from my research think they used both. Both backing plates are built with a 70mm Diameter Tube in mind.

Radar Dish Backing Plate 874 Size.STL

1 minute ago, bigwam said:

The Pack looks good. But the greyblue looks like light blue to me?

Its Humbrol 47, the lighting makes it look a little bluer in the photo than in reality. I thought if I went with the model paint used on set, I could not go wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 10:27 AM, DKK Hollywood said:

Right, I've added the watermarks, and the .STL files are for all MEPD users to enjoy. My only request is if you do print them for your builds, you mention its the DKK version :-)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18XEirIOF7_ko5r1ddABS2FAke36J-P0z?usp=sharing

All the parts for the radio, plus a bottle and bottle neck that allows for a captive nut, so it can be screwed in, and finally, a Radar Dish mount for the 15cm/5inch Dish (the 800 Lid, not the 874)

Cheers,

DKK Hollywood

Looks awesome! Thanks a lot for sharing!

• 3 months later...
On 10/19/2021 at 4:27 AM, DKK Hollywood said:

Cheers,
DKK Hollywood

Thank you so much for offering this up to MEPD! It's a beautiful design. I printed mine, but am missing parts.

I am not seeing the strap attachments in the files, but I see those on your finished model. 

Are the strap attachments missing from the files?

15 hours ago, HaringJr said:

Thank you so much for offering this up to MEPD! It's a beautiful design. I printed mine, but am missing parts.

I am not seeing the strap attachments in the files, but I see those on your finished model. 

Are the strap attachments missing from the files?

Hi Don,

My apologies, looks like I didn't upload the the part! Give me a few days to access my laptop which is currently offsite, and I will upload and let you know when they are there.

Would love to see some photos of your prints and how they turned out.

Enjoy,

DKK

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished printing all these off. Firstly a huge thankyou to the designers for their time and opening them up to us all.

Quick question: My pack was built by RS propmasters and the models as scaled currently do not match with the exception of the sonix radio. Have these models been scaled to match another vendors parts? Is there an official scale?

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

On 3/22/2022 at 5:02 AM, Airborne Trooper said:

You wouldn't happen to have the STL for the feet and the antenna would you? 

Did I not include them? My apologies if I didn’t. I will check tomorrow and address that oversight!

The feet and ‘strap’ are one part, with the end of the strap warmed up a bit to give it a curve, like leather.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:28 AM, pioneer2184 said:

Just finished printing all these off. Firstly a huge thankyou to the designers for their time and opening them up to us all.

Quick question: My pack was built by RS propmasters and the models as scaled currently do not match with the exception of the sonix radio. Have these models been scaled to match another vendors parts? Is there an official scale?

The Sonix Radio I scanned and designed is 1:1 from the original, and the lower bottle and captive neck are as close as I can get without having an original to compare. 

The Sonix Radio I scanned and designed is 1:1 from the original, and the lower bottle and captive neck are as close as I can get without having an original to compare. 
Thanks bud, we had a fairly large con in England at the weekend with a selection of troopers packs from different vendors and we compared the parts against what we wear. The only two bits we needed to scale up were the gio canteen and the radar dish to add a little more depth and about 3-4mm diameter. The canteen i printed in three pieces with the 'fuzzy' setting turned on in prusaslicer to get that mottled effect which worked nicely

I think the RS one is a little too big on some parts. Especially the bottles and lids.

Your screw top lid was a very welcome addition too. Having the freedom to put a bolt/rod through as well is handy

• 1 month later...