Discussion topic R1 Jedha trooper

dutchy

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:39 AM, BadBatch said:

I'm still sort of unclear on why the Jedha "Crystal Patrol" trooper doesn't fall under our aegis-
Big backpack, pauldron, and weathered.
Sounds exactly like our department.

Sent from the far side of Mos Eisley

Visually - Thermal detonator on the back, drop boxes, ab buttons and the knee plate. Those to me are what differentiates a TK from a TD.

There's officially a vendor working on R1TK armor. No surprise that it's Jim. Will be made out of the same flexible fiberglass his other suits are made of. 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38197-jimmiroquai-rogue-one-builds/?p=551507

cphmh4.jpg

I've read about  it too on the FISD that Jim has started working on a R1armor. One step forward for both the FISD and the MEPD!

If someone want to have a go with the backpack using Henselmonster's 3D model as a guide, please go for it!!

:salute:

• Upvote 1

I've read about  it too on the FISD that Jim has started working on a R1armor. One step forward for both the FISD and the MEPD!

If someone want to have a go with the backpack using Henselmonster's 3D model as a guide, please go for it!!

:salute:

I would love to do the pack. I could 3D print it as I do the newly approved space trooper pack and Dengar Pack.

36f78ac4bf036cd8b165ff98b9385afd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Working on the 3D model still, needs some work but its getting there 

c8GWCOW.png

Would you let me print one from your file? I could print the parts for cost and someone could wear it for the CRL model.

Interesting to read this ideas and points of views.

For too long we have stayed very jealous of what is and what is not a Sandtrooper. And what can be included in our detachment. Even making it quiet obvious that for ages we did not wanted the SE sandtrooper here. Even if attitude is slightly different now, SE TDs are not yet here. But that is mainly cause no body wants to build one so far.

Talking about R1 Sandtroopers is completely different I guess...

People is interested in developing new R1 armor, and of course, turning it into TDs. At least it seems so, right? New kinds of pauldrons, new armor configuration and new packs and weapons... lots of ground to cover and lots of space to play. But, should we accept them as part of the Sandtrooper detachment???

And what does that implies??

Here is an idea, food for thought...

What if the 501st Legion's Sandtrooper Detachment is not the MEPD, but something bigger?
What if the Sandtrooper Detachment reconfigures itself as the Imperial Police Deparment. Or some similar wording meaning Law Enforcement across the Galaxy. Cause, the FISD is based on the idea of military corps, and the MEPD is a local law enforcement detachment... 

So why not turn it into a Galactic Law Enforcement figure, where we can include the MEPD, the Jedha PD, and what not?

HWT should stay over the FISD cause they are soldiers, but sandtroopers in Jedha are Police Officers on local duty. That backstory could be added to the MEPD backstory in a similar way. I mean, its all make believe, right?

And then, gear would not make a Sandtrooper, but rol and most important, active duty. Thats actually why we have deployed troopers. It a trooper that has already seen action, a Police Officer that has gone to the field and therefore is all dirty, tuff and experienced.

HWT were once TDs, but we make it clear why it was not the same, even if the only difference were some armor details and weathering. 
But now, years after that, I have come to the conclusion that it is not just that, but an attitude and a personality we over the MEPD have, that no other trooper in other detachments have.

See what I am doing here, I am not talking costumes, but people... and characters.

Thoughts?

Saludos.

PS. Anyway, how are we going to include the Jedha Sandtrooper designation on the 501st CRLS if we need at least two official references, and so far, they only appear on a book, but not in a movie.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, iconoclasta_88 said:

PS. Anyway, how are we going to include the Jedha Sandtrooper designation on the 501st CRLS if we need at least two official references, and so far, they only appear on a book, but not in a movie.

THIS RIGHT HERE!

All the excitement is actually about the Kyber Crystal Patrol with the 'grenade holder' backpacks (and pauldrons, and heavy weapons, and dirtied up).

The Kyber patrol troopers should fall under our mantle, because they are deployed and dirty.  The mythical beast that is the Jedha 'Sandtrooper' barely exists.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BadBatch said:

THIS RIGHT HERE!

All the excitement is actually about the Kyber Crystal Patrol with the 'grenade holder' backpacks (and pauldrons, and heavy weapons, and dirtied up).

The Kyber patrol troopers should fall under our mantle, because they are deployed and dirty.  The mythical beast that is the Jedha 'Sandtrooper' barely exists.

There you go.
I am listening bro!

Let's do what we should, according to our own set rules and character... (MEPD and 501st).

Saludos.

• Upvote 1

There is one shot of the Patrol trooper in the bonus material. He stands on a ridge looking through binoculars, and it's at a fair distance but you can identify the backpack. Nothing else, though. 

I will ill post a screen cap when I get home today if nobody beats me to it. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CrookKnight said:

Getting close to completing the 3D model. Should be able to print soon. Will have 2 printers working on it.

Cool!
Share your progress bro! And I mean  pictures!!! ;)

Saludos.

Nice that you managed to get a screen grab, the feeling I get when watching it is that this definitely should belong to the MEPD or at least become part of it.

On ‎31‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 7:12 PM, BadBatch said:

In my honest opinion the Kyber trooper is nothing more than a "workhorse" to me. The pack he has doesn't support and protect him in any way like our backpacks do. Therefor it should be FISD in my opinion.