Discussion topic R1 Jedha trooper

dutchy

On 4/7/2017 at 5:34 AM, dutchy said:

In my honest opinion the Kyber trooper is nothing more than a "workhorse" to me. The pack he has doesn't support and protect him in any way like our backpacks do. Therefor it should be FISD in my opinion.

On a purely "sci-fi reasoning" level, I would agree with you. It's also the same argument that ended the HWT up with the FISD rather than here.

My rational for wanting the Kyber patrol trooper with US is how the troopers are perceived through the eyes of the general public.

THEY see:
A dirty trooper with a pauldron, big gun, and backpack.

Which is exactly what they see when they see us.

WE are the dirt-masters.
WE have the best supply of BFGs
WE wear the backpacks.

WE are what the public sees when they see the Kyber patrol troopers. They don't see shiny clean garrison-ready TKs.

Just my $0.02, but then again I still can't get my backpack powered on. :D

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 10:12 PM, BadBatch said:

On a purely "sci-fi reasoning" level, I would agree with you. It's also the same argument that ended the HWT up with the FISD rather than here.

My rational for wanting the Kyber patrol trooper with US is how the troopers are perceived through the eyes of the general public.

THEY see:
A dirty trooper with a pauldron, big gun, and backpack.

Which is exactly what they see when they see us.

WE are the dirt-masters.
WE have the best supply of BFGs
WE wear the backpacks.

WE are what the public sees when they see the Kyber patrol troopers. They don't see shiny clean garrison-ready TKs.

Just my $0.02, but then again I still can't get my backpack powered on. :D

I agree with your reasoning and point of view and this is food for thought for sure and I might even have to alter my view on this specific trooper.

On the other hand, the public might see them as TD's  but we have to decide in the end where which costume belongs. But we aren't there yet...

And...I don't know if the FISD will be so happy to let the Kyber trooper go ;)

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, thatthingonthefloor said:

As promised. Didn't crop out the playback bar, so you can see the timestamp. This is from the bonus features, in the "Stories" section, titled "Bodhi and Saw." If you blink, you'll miss it. 

Wow. That's a big gap at the knees, no?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps the "Jeddah Patrol / Kyber Troopers" will be come their on detachment as the sandtroopers of the MEPD have. 

They are not TK, not TD, kinda HWT but dirty and not from Tatooine , Mos Eisley.

just a couple Emperial Credits worth of my thoughts. 

Asher

8 hours ago, Asher said:

Perhaps the "Jeddah Patrol / Kyber Troopers" will be come their on detachment as the sandtroopers of the MEPD have. 

They are not TK, not TD, kinda HWT but dirty and not from Tatooine , Mos Eisley.

I don't see them getting their own detachment, sandtroopers are sandtroopers and their gear might vary per planet they are deployed on...at least that's how I see it.

But always interesting to read other people's their view on the subject :duim:

• Upvote 1