Discussion topic R1 Jedha trooper

dutchy

Troops,

I want to use this thread to discuss the Jedha trooper in all its glory as it is named a "sandtrooper".

Streets_of_Jedha.png

The way I see it is that the troopers  in R1 are a variation on the sandtrooper costume as we know and that the sandtrooper we currently know is an evolution of this armor. They are deployed on a planet to uphold the law and we also have deployed troops called Police Officers/ Swat Officers that do exactly the same thing.

The armor itself has the R1 stormtrooper as a base so we do share specifics with the FISD on this trooper with the exception that this specific trooper has a pack, a heavy blaster, pauldron and weathering.

There is also one other trooper that wears a pack in R1 , the "Kyber trooper" but this  costume is definitely not a sandtrooper and should therefor belong on the FISD.

Kybar trooper pack.jpg

Kybar trooper.jpg

I'm hoping to see a constructive discussion over here and everybody is free to contribute, so fire away troops!

:salute:

• Upvote 1

I think the most compelling argument is the sandtrooper style backpack some are wearing. 

image_zpsb3ipocid.jpeg

I think it's pretty clear this pack was inspired by sandtroopers, I mean it's even called a sandtrooper field pack.

i feel like the MEPD is ready to branch out of Mos Eisley and go off world.

I think having Jedha on MEPD is the right idea.   It is a more natural fit for it to be here than on FISD, so I'm happy that Dutchy brought it up.  I'll lend my full support to this if MEPD wants it.  I would also agree that for too long MEPD has kept its head in the Tatooine sand per se, and it's time to spread her wings.

For the CRL, the pictures would have to be different because the R1 base wouldn't have dirt on it, but the text should be identical except the Jedha would say "with dirt".  This is what we did for the ANH TK & TD back when we wrote the originals since keeping the text consistent on the base armor kept parity which made it easier for members/GMLs.

So far we only have one person trying to modify ANH armor to R1 standards on FISD, which has been a slow go.  I'm hoping a few more take the plunge honestly.

Do we want to create a research and development thread for a CRL? We can bring over what FISD has started and build off of that? Or do we want to wait once they are done.

Maybe for now we can focus on the new pack? Is there only the one type of pack for this trooper? I have begun to roughly model the pack, once I am done I can start working on a build so we can have it ready for CRL pictures. 

c8GWCOW.png

5 hours ago, Daetrin said:

I think having Jedha on MEPD is the right idea.   It is a more natural fit for it to be here than on FISD, so I'm happy that Dutchy brought it up.  I'll lend my full support to this if MEPD wants it.  I would also agree that for too long MEPD has kept its head in the Tatooine sand per se, and it's time to spread her wings.

For the CRL, the pictures would have to be different because the R1 base wouldn't have dirt on it, but the text should be identical except the Jedha would say "with dirt".  This is what we did for the ANH TK & TD back when we wrote the originals since keeping the text consistent on the base armor kept parity which made it easier for members/GMLs.

So far we only have one person trying to modify ANH armor to R1 standards on FISD, which has been a slow go.  I'm hoping a few more take the plunge honestly.

What? It's soooo nice to keep your head in the sand :P

But seriously, the base is indeed the same but we'll only be able to create a CRL when someone actually builds one. We could go for an in between solution but that could  cause problems along the way.

What I'm really happy about and appreciate is that we, the FISD and the MEPD, will work together as a team. This will benefit both detachments in the end in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your view Daetrin :dance:

4 hours ago, henselmonster said:

Do we want to create a research and development thread for a CRL? We can bring over what FISD has started and build off of that? Or do we want to wait once they are done.

Maybe for now we can focus on the new pack? Is there only the one type of pack for this trooper? I have begun to roughly model the pack, once I am done I can start working on a build so we can have it ready for CRL pictures. 

c8GWCOW.png

John...will you marry me.....

I really apppreciate the initiative your showing here bro!!

For now we should indeed focus on the details like the pack and the rest of the gear.

So if anyone has extra info on the gear please do share!!

...almost forgot, I don't know if there are different versions of the packs like in ANH. I k now Strider posted a pic somewhere of Jedha troopers with backpacks..

Interesting.
And... this had to happen sometime. It is time to expand the jurisdiction of the MEPD farther than Mos Eisley.

I have a couple of books with imagies from R1 and I think there is a picture of the packs. Ill look for it and post it later.

This is exciting!

Saludos.

4 hours ago, iconoclasta_88 said:

Interesting.
And... this had to happen sometime. It is time to expand the jurisdiction of the MEPD farther than Mos Eisley.

I have a couple of books with imagies from R1 and I think there is a picture of the packs. Ill look for it and post it later.

This is exciting!

Saludos.

Yes, it had to brother! But we aren't there yet, I'm hoping that the road ahead will be as exciting as the one we've enjoyed getting all parts of the TD figured out.

Please do check your references bro and post 'em.

I think the one picture of sandtroopers wearing that pack is from the last trailer before the movie came out. It wasn't in the movie though. The blu-ray is set to release next month so hope to watch any bonus material with a eye for detail.

1 hour ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I think the one picture of sandtroopers wearing that pack is from the last trailer before the movie came out. It wasn't in the movie though. The blu-ray is set to release next month so hope to watch any bonus material with a eye for detail.

20161227_145200_HDR_resized_zpsioam8u8a.jpg

eMzK6i2.png?1

This inspired me to finally get back to building a TD Kit I've had for a couple years. 

After talking with a brother in the FISD, he tells me this trooper is going to wind up a TD not a TK. 

I have an ANH WTF kit and a roadblock backpack kit... both just begging to be turned into this one.

Posted. My apologies for the wait. I don't know what it is about that particular image--maybe the moment of capture enthralled me so, with the glint of the sun beaming off that bucket. Something about the antennae backpack, I'm not certain. Is this one a still from the movie, or have we yet to see it on screen? 

4 minutes ago, BadBatch said:

I'm still sort of unclear on why the Jedha "Crystal Patrol" trooper doesn't fall under our aegis-
Big backpack, pauldron, and weathered.
Sounds exactly like our department.

Sent from the far side of Mos Eisley

From what I saw on the FISD, and another thread around here, the visual guide called out the crystal backpack for standard stormtroopers, where the Patrol backpack is a type four sandtrooper backpack. 

That may not be the official logic, but it is the insight I can offer. 

From what I saw on the FISD, and another thread around here, the visual guide called out the crystal backpack for standard stormtroopers, where the Patrol backpack is a type four sandtrooper backpack. 

That may not be the official logic, but it is the insight I can offer. 

Well, in the case of R1 ALL troopers are technically "standard" in appearance, and it is the load out which differentiates (which is probably what was intended in ANH to begin with).

Just sort of seems like a land grab on FISD's part. Especially given that they already have ~15 CRLs.

IMO- any non-garrison (aka dirty/deployed) trooper with special kit should belong to the MEPD.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BadBatch said:

I'm still sort of unclear on why the Jedha "Crystal Patrol" trooper doesn't fall under our aegis-
Big backpack, pauldron, and weathered.
Sounds exactly like our department.

Well, the Kyber crystal pack isn't a  "system" that is part of the armor whilst the backpack is a part of the sandtrooper to sustain himself in the harsh environment of Tatooine or any other planet system. That's how I see it.

The Kyber crystal trooper therefor is FISD. But I do understand your point of view..the HWT should/ could also be a possibility to add to our current ranks. But that's food for thought for now.

I hope this helps :)

4 hours ago, BadBatch said:

IMO- any non-garrison (aka dirty/deployed) trooper with special kit should belong to the MEPD.

Agreed.  We may have formed in Mos Eisley, but we now have such a great chance to expand.