TO TAPE OR NOT TO TAPE

jeddz

I am currently building my backpack while waiting for my kit to arrive, i will be changing the color of the blue to the now battleship grey color. I am also in 2 minds on do i tape or dont i tape?

Looking at the references and different packs some guys put the black tape around the bottom box (seed trays) and some dont. Watching the film over and over i only see the tape on one pack in the road block scene, the rest seem to be without. I am building to the Cantina Captains specs but in this you dont really see his pack to make a call. Looking at submissions it also varies pack to pack so does not seem to impact the submission itself, feedback?

Is it a matter of personnel choice?

Will it pass submission?

Up to you! If you are eventually going for SWAT I would emulate whichever troopers pack you are aiming for. 

During filming it looks like those packs were put back together with tape and glue constantly, so if you want to do it with or without tape thats up to you!

Even if you can't see the pack itself you can easily know if the pack that trooper uses is the one with tape or not by checking out the shoulder pouch.

The pack with black tape is the only one with the canvas ammo pouch on the shoulder. All other have leather.

Now, that can point the version of the pack. But the tape was added prior to filming the move along scene on tatooine. Can't remember now of the cantina was shot before or after that.

Might me after in London just as the alley scene.

Maybe someone else knows.

Hope that helped.

Saludos.

3 hours ago, iconoclasta_88 said:

Now, that can point the version of the pack. But the tape was added prior to filming the move along scene on tatooine. Can't remember now of the cantina was shot before or after that.

Might me after in London just as the alley scene.

Maybe someone else knows.

As far as I know all the other scenes ,like the cantina were shot after shooting in Tunesia....