Siphon upgrades

henselmonster

Working on upgrading Gordonators siphon to match the Shire's siphon a bit more. It won't be 100% accurate but I think it will be good enough.

Gordonators:

WFc0OMu.jpg

Shires Siphon:

JhPbB0S.jpg

First I'm working on the "hamburger stacker" section. The shires one is a bit more squat, but I'm not going to update that, I am just going to add the 3 fins on the side. 

I made a quick part in tinkered to mimic the look, the fins are a bit thicker here, i may make them thinner, but i think it looks ok. 

tjqXwdq.png

After i printed it out it fit great, though i need to sand out the facets on the sides a bit.

TGVIUOL.jpg

This is where I am so far! Need to work on the other upgrades a bit as well. More to come!

2 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

What's the possibility of printing an entire Shires siphon? Probably in multiple pieces but would it be possible, durable, and cost effective? 

It's very possible. In fact there is one out there already. The sizing is a bit off and they took some liberties, but it's pretty decent! I'm 3D printing a full set of shoretrooper armor right now and it's super durable, so I'd imagine this would work just fine.

9 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

What's the possibility of printing an entire Shires siphon? Probably in multiple pieces but would it be possible, durable, and cost effective? 

I took a crack at modeling it. Its far from perfect and I need to smooth out quite a bit, but its a start. 

ghMx2sx.png