Darth_Stevius' build thread

DarthStevius

Well I've been patrolling (stalking) around here for a few weeks now. Reading/watching/learning and completely being in awe of the amazing work you guys/girls have done on your kits.

I've been waiting for my TD order to arrive from RS Prop Masters and they've finally let me know that it's on the way and due to arrive down here in 'kind-of-Sandy' Melbourne this week.

So I thought it would be a good time to start a build thread.

I've been pulling together some of the non-includeds while waiting - such as a couple of fans, Mic, speaker, balaclava etc. so they're already here waiting too.

I struggle for enough available time, and I can get very impatient once I've decided I want something bad enough, so I ordered a custom built kit from RS.

Hopefully I don't have too many adjustments to make before I get it to approval status and start representing the great MEPD (and 501st obviously!) on local troops....

All being well I'll have a further update later in the week.

Welcome to the forum Steve. We have some very talented members and what's even better, they are more than willing to lend a hand or give some helpful advice. 

If you have questions, you will definitely get answers.

Good luck on your build sir.

• Upvote 1

OK.

Let's do this, my soon-to-be fellow dirty troopers.... 

Please let me have any feedback on the photo's. Mainly for basic approval, but also anything you can spot that would prevent PO approval down the track too would be appreciated.

I may have to take some different photos if these aren't good enough. (FYI this is an RS Propmasters commissioned kit)

Thanks in advance

73af5f0b-2103-4e1e-823b-883b168a094f.jpg20170311_155926.jpg20170311_155837.jpg20170311_155902.jpg20170311_160348.jpg20170311_163205.jpg20170311_163224.jpg20170311_163247.jpg20170311_160705.jpg20170311_160741.jpg20170311_160720.jpg20170311_160759.jpg20170311_160751.jpg20170311_163322.jpg20170311_163430.jpg20170311_163456.jpg20170311_163521.jpg

I had a couple of issues when kitting up which I wouldn't mind some guidance on.

- one of my shin pieces keeps riding up and twisting around when I move - is there a trick to stopping this?

- The ammo pouches I got have slanted connection hooks on the backs, but they don't logically thread around anything - Am I missing something or do I need different ammo pouches?

Let me know your thoughts on the potential submission pics... thanks,

Thanks Jason.

The kit was from RS so I'm surprised they're not the right ones but I'll look into what is here in Oz. Appreciate your eye for detail.

I assume the monitor wipe containers will be reasonably similar in size to everywhere else and good enough.

Check Strider's pack break down thread and also look at my pack build thread to get an idea about the size. Seems like RS  is still making their packs based on the ways guys did several  years ago. It's not a bad thing, it's just there's more accurate things that have been discovered lately. 

So I made a few adjustments here and there, dirtied up a little more and successfully been approved in the last couple of days.

Sandtrooper access has been requested.

Next step is to make a few more adjustments (mostly to the pack I think) and then submit my Police Officer application...

sandy 1.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I managed to find some suitable bottles and what I think is matching bluemilk to go in them.

Just need to get them dirty and fix them on the pack and I should be ready to start my PO application thread...

bottles.jpg