Making square boxes easier

deckard1138

I'm working on my back pack and needed to make the tool box and radio. I thought about using wood or plastic squares to ensure the boxes ended up square. Instead using three scraps of plywood I made a jig to make the gluing process easier than trying to tape everything together. As long as the jig is square all you have to do is lay your floor plate and sides on the base and you can glue them with zap a gap and zip kicker to hold them and follow up with e6000 or whatever you want. This worked out really well for me so I thought I'd pass it along.ae63bf0abec02a2d7d8616134709f1ec.jpg0970e43dd3eec3d9bcd8f9e414f52da1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, here's the tool box. The one thing I found works best is to glue the bottom part of the side pieces on the jig only, and then glue the vertical edges when it's off the jig. I put each box together in about 3 minutes. Zap a Gap held them perfectly and now I'll reinforce them with E6000.7be4f07edce996f1f8ffd7bad15dfe7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk