Canteen measurements

henselmonster

9 hours ago, henselmonster said:

Is there someone out there who has an actual gio style canteen that can get me presice measurements of everything? If so let me know, I'm working on making an accurate 3D printable model of the canteen.

I have one too; let me know if the aforementioned measurements help out enough or if you want to borrow mine.

I can ship it to you and you can return it when you're done brother.

On February 25, 2017 at 3:37 PM, rawktrooper said:

I have photos of the canteen if needed. It measures 6" top to bottom of the body. 2" from body to cap top. 6" wide. 4 1/2" deep.

Perfect, thank you! If I could get Front, back, sides, top, bottom views that would be great! 

I am aiming to get this model up on thingiverse or just put a link here for everyone.

19 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I have one too; let me know if the aforementioned measurements help out enough or if you want to borrow mine.

I can ship it to you and you can return it when you're done brother.

Thank a bunch man! I should be good based on the measurements and photo reference. If I need something more specific I will be sure to reach out. 

• 2 weeks later...

It is far from perfect, but it is the best i can do with my limited capabilities in 3D modeling. As I lean more I will update it, i think its too boxy, but its not terrible.

l4dzD1Q.png

sJOnBLR.png

I put it up on thingiverse if anyone wants to mess with it or use it! 

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2172323

1 minute ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Is that printed in 3 pieces or 1? 

3 pieces. Heres a photo of one i just printed.

rhfVYcS.jpg 

K6QYRrN.jpg

It is too angular still. Hopefully once I learn how to use fusion360 I can update these. Im just building it in tinkercad. 

• Upvote 1