Llama's TD build

The Sleepy Llama

You also want to make sure that your armor's  base colour is the same as the helmet. 

Even though you are going to weather it, it might still be visible if you have used different paints/ colours.

But good luck with your box of plastic!! :duim:

:salute:

Little panic attack causing there, dutchy!  Thanks for bringing that up. I just did a real quick check and they seem to be very close. Especially after some dirtiness is added.

Looking forward to the electronics section to see everyone's setups.

I made some progress with my armor today. I started working on the abdomen and chest piece. I'm not entirely happy with the strapping system. It doesn't seem to line up at all and the fit is off. I do like how the abd rivets and snap turned out.

IMG_3596_zpsbcsjp9gd.jpg

IMG_3595_zpse3fxjc1c.jpg

IMG_3594_zps6qcy99h9.jpg

Any input on the strapping system? I'm thinking of lengthening the elastic to try to increase the overlap along with repositioning the brackets to line up better.

So yeah, totally didn't fit. I'm guessing I need to lose about two inches. My question is do I remove material from the abdomen or the chest? I feel like trimming the abd is the best move because it is covered by the chest. Think I'll pause on the front and move on to some arms.

On ‎7‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 8:57 PM, The Sleepy Llama said:

Little panic attack causing there, dutchy!  Thanks for bringing that up. I just did a real quick check and they seem to be very close. Especially after some dirtiness is added.

Stay calm and drink blue milk ;)

But the WIP pictures already look promising. You're on a roll here!

:salute:

• 1 year later...

Time to resurrect this thread from the mostly dead. Much has changed since my last post. Life sort of got in the way of this build, along with project ADD. So after a move to a new state and ordering a TB armor kit, I decided to get my Sandy done. Much progress has been made and submission to a new GML is in sight. Glad to be back in Mos Eisley and getting dirty again.

3HhbHSa.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I updated this. My Family was impacted by the Camp Fire in Paradise CA. My Mom and Sister lost their home in Magalia and my Grandma was trapped in her home. She has been tentatively identified , but we are still waiting for DNA confirmation. Needless to say I haven't done a lot of 501st related things lately. My Grandma has always been a fan of sci fi and the Star Wars universe. I think she would be proud that I finally finished this project.

Anyhoo here is a picture of disaster of a thigh. I measured and taped and did it again. I still managed to mess it up, the question is how bad.

WetngiG.jpg

So the situation is I trimmed for width, then trimmed for length. As I did that I made them too tight. By a decent amount. I opened up the front as much as I could and added a shim which leaves me here. Any thoughts on if this is approvable? Any fixes? 

My plan is to try to source a replacement set of thighs at some point, but I would like to get this done soon.

Thank you for looking

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

looing good! i think there is nothing to complain about. not necessary, but it would be nice to close the little gap on the left thigh with sludge.  so now lets get dirty dude!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So 4 troops down and I think I am really happy with how things are looking and wearing. I have my "move along" pack ordered and look forward to submitting for Police Officer. I would like to improve my helmet situation. It's difficult to get on because the tubes angle down and tend to ride on the chest armor. I can deal with the limited visibility but it's a pain to put the thing on. Anybody see anything that needs improvement ?

eDvLIhm.jpg

• Like 1