Llama's TD build

The Sleepy Llama

After some research and rewatching ANH I've decided to join the DIRTY SIDE. I've been happily shopping away, and boxes are showing up and account balances are going down.  

So far I purchased my Helmet from RS Props, a shoulder pauldrin and hand guards from Trooper Bay, a few pouches from here on MEPD and a neck seal from a FISD member. Pretty addictive stuff, I'm already thinking of the next project. 

The question I have is which gloves should I glue my hand guards to? I have a pair of the screen accurate chemical gloves and a pair of the Gorilla Grip gloves. My thinking is that I'll use the Gorilla Gloves for my basic submission, then the chemical gloves for Police Officer deployment.

More to come.

Steve

First of all, you're off to a good start Steve!!!

Looking forward to you build and pic's eventually.

Regarding the gloves, I would go for the chemical gloves. When trooping you'll get used to the feel of it and it makes the overall look complete.

Do keep us posted on your progress!! :duim:

:salute:

11 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Chemical gloves. I actually troop with black flight gloves the majority of the time though because my hands get so incredibly sweaty. 

Hahaha, familiar problem when wearing the rubber gloves.

I wear thin cotton gloves in my rubber gloves so they can absorb any transpiration.

So after you guys talking about the chemical gloves being sweaty, I wore mine around the house. Kinda clammy in there. The Gorilla Grip gloves fit my hands so much better, no odd lumps and folds.  I think I'll follow the lead of having both available. I'll add another set of latex hand guards to my next order.

Kirk, I have not yet ordered my armor. I have narrowed it down to a WTF Kit or an AM kit. I was very close to going with a RS Props kit, but decided to go with a less expensive option. I hope to order within the next week or two. Come on IRS pay up!

In other news, I "finished" my Rubies E11 blaster. I think it turned out pretty decent. Pics to follow.

I don't want to make it even more difficult. But you could also shoot a pm at Scootch, he lives in the USA too. 

He makes the CAP west armor , that's a great armor and for an affordable price too.

Good luck with making a choice !!

14 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

How tall are you? If you're a tall or bigger guy, AM will have a better fit over WTF. 

I'm a little short for a Stormtrooper, 5'8" and a few inches to big around the belly. Sounds like AM may be the way to go. Thanks for the input.

UPS tells me today is Big Brown Box day! Feels like December 24th as a little kid. Every truck that drives by the house gets my attention. I swear FedEx is doing laps in the neighborhood to torment me. Standby for pictures of boxes and white plastic.

My package has arrived from the Imperial Armor Factory! Lord Vader demands my immediate action to this task. I am told that there are rumors of a teddy bear invasion of Mos Eisley and new recruits are expected to suit up ASAP! But first a picture:

IMG_3550_zpstrl50p6x.jpg

Wish me well.