Attaching Mortar Tube to Move Along Pack

CrookKnight

I am just about finished with my build of one of Crashman's Packs.  However, I cannot figure out how to attach the mortar tube to the side of the pack.  Does anyone have any pictures or directions they can send me?

Thank you.

On the original packs, they actually used the screw of the pack frame upper crossbar.
They drilled a hole in the opposite side of the tube as an access hole to get the screwdriver in.
You can see this access hole in tons of photos if you are looking for it.

5 hours ago, gino said:

On the original packs, they actually used the screw of the pack frame upper crossbar.
They drilled a hole in the opposite side of the tube as an access hole to get the screwdriver in.

This is how I have mine done, notice the hole on the tube:

51A0CADA-D7D4-4842-A3D7-2EE720C8CE9C.jpg

I used the Scootch method listed here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/6474-howto-scootchs-backpack-tutorial/page-2 (scroll down to the mortar tube section)

Basically, before you mount anything on your frame, you drill 2 holes through the frame out the side, and also on the tube.  You only need to drill on one side of the tube, then insert wall anchors in the tube.  The lag screw goes through the frame and then into tube's anchors.  That way you don't need to drill holes on the outside of the tube.

On 3.2.2017 at 7:50 AM, gino said:

Gino, haven't seen you on the boards for a while! Welcome back!

Your knowledge is very appreciated, buddy!   :duim:

Nicely e try! Haven't heard of Gino yet?

There will be snow in **** before he'll pass any information about a secret project. At least until completely finished and satisfied with the outcome!

:engel: