Striders Backpack build with found parts

Strider

1 minute ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Is there a source for the mushroom cap or something you created?  Or are we being left in the dark? 

I wondered when someone might ask ;-))

Guesses anyone? Here's a hint: You would usually get it in the same department as you would get the syphon ;-)

Nice hint!

I already checked vintage picnic items, plastic stuff, radio equipment and a lot of plumbers stuff but haven't found anything close!

Please don't say it's the thing we call "Pömpel" in Germany?!  I don't even know a english word for it...   :woot:

Noooooooooooooo, i've been through hundreds of plungers years ago!   :6:

When i closed my eyes before sleeping i even have seen them, couldn't find a close one, so i gave it up!

Congrats if your turns out to be the correct part, can't wait for your friday package, bro!

3 minutes ago, RoCKo said:

Same here! 

I really hope we don't need to find used vintage plungers... buhaha!   :sick:

LOL!!

I found an old WC Tank on a sidewalk in London, and had to check if there was a Shires syphon on it... Found out that no, no shires, but yes, a syphon... so I just had to strip the tank down there and then, bare hands, and take the syphon all the way back to my hotel and then home... 

11334115_10153401330088420_2385165303128226156_o.thumb.jpg.0cdb0e03810e941ffd209cee0bd9d0a4.jpg

So yeah, you know that if we need to go through hundreds of vintage used toilet plungers, we wil!

Thats what we do, don't we?
:)

Saludos

3 minutes ago, iconoclasta_88 said:

LOL!!

I found an old WC Tank on a sidewalk in London, and had to check if there was a Shires syphon on it... Found out that no, no shires, but yes, a syphon... so I just had to strip the tank down there and then, bare hands, and take the syphon all the way back to my hotel and then home... 

11334115_10153401330088420_2385165303128226156_o.thumb.jpg.0cdb0e03810e941ffd209cee0bd9d0a4.jpg

So yeah, you know that if we need to go through hundreds of vintage used toilet plungers, we wil!

Thats what we do, don't we?
:)

Saludos

Ha ha this dirty forum rocks :peace:

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RoCKo said:

Same here! 

I really hope we don't need to find used vintage plungers... buhaha!   :sick:

Come on, don't be so picky. After removing a couple of 30 year old crusty brown layers they look almost new :teehee:

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, RoCKo said:

Noooooooooooooo, i've been through hundreds of plungers years ago!   :6:

When i closed my eyes before sleeping i even have seen them, couldn't find a close one, so i gave it up!

Congrats if your turns out to be the correct part, can't wait for your friday package, bro!

Yeah man, me too. I've known they were rubber plungers for quite some time now but I've never found one that fits the bill. And I didn't think somebody would be so bold as to sell a 30 year old used rubber plunger on ebay, yuck ;-)

But then by pure luck - call it serindipity - I found one on Amazon UK earlier this week!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001P0F40/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

Star Wars Celebration was a great time, and I had the opportunity to meet Gino while taking pictures of his backpack. I also met Woodman, and he mentioned the mushroom cap was actually the rubber end of a toilet plunger.

gino_backpack_01.jpg

gino_backpack_02.jpg

Is this the real reason why the armor is so dirty?

Charlie