Real Sonix Victory Radio........FOUND!

woodman

UPDATE 1/11  This deal has been concluded and the radio has been shipped. It's on the way to me and I have shipping confirmation and tracking info. 

THE SIGNUP LIST IS IN THE SALE SECTION.  

Here's the link to the signup list

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/topic/14869-sonix-victory-radio-castings-from-original-radio/

Woodman

Castings would be great but I hope for reasonable price. I hope you guys can acquire it and make it an attainable item for the MEPD community to benefit from so everyone would can get something as close as possible to the real deal. 

Thanks for posting.

I actually spoke wit the guy, his asking price isn't a real price. He only did that so he could get as many offers as possible. If it doesn't sell during this offer period he is opening it up to a bidding auction. I hope that someone here is able to get it! Apparently it is still in working condition, which is nuts.

It would be great if we had some kickstarter thing to generate cash to buy it and make accurate copies as a community effort. Still holding out hope to buy it if a deal could not be made . As Indiana Jones used to say, It belongs in a museum!    

21 hours ago, woodman said:

WE BOUGHT THE RADIO................................AWESOME!    Gino and I purchased the radio and will definitely be offering castings.  We should have it in hand early next week. We will be offering a kit with the knobs, strap holders and faceplate. All parts will be pressure cast. The price will be reasonable to make this available for everyone. This is a grail piece and to price it sky high would be understandable but we feel that something this integral to the Sandtrooper would be better suited priced to make it attainable by everyone.

We will be posting the official sign up thread in a few days.

Woodman

Sorry I missed the update. Congratulations if you got it. That is great news to hear it will be casted and made available for a reasonable price. That was my deepest concern to have someone buy it then keep it hidden away or make kits at a high price that is out of reach to most. 

Very excited to see more photos of this beauty and certainly add me to the interest list when you get it going. Cheers!

The guy lives in my hometown - too bad he wouldn't let me cast it earlier:)  I tried, at least to save everyone several thousand:)

...looks like the winner was RS... and the rest of the MEPD, of course, since I expect casts to be available to everyone in the coming weeks:)

Pics? Link?
Is this the guy everyone has contacted in one way or another?
When you get it, hopefully the raised lettering or the small metal plaque identifying it, might still be in the battery compartment.
This would help us find more or the knock off version.

I'm sure this is the guy from the eBay auction everyone has contacted in one way or another.  I doubt the buyer will be supplying lettering or serial number info, as it seemed to be a bit of investment.  Don't expect casts to be cheap:/  I was hoping I could teach him molding and casting (he lives about 10 blocks from me) and he could sell them himself, but it wasn't in the cards

6 minutes ago, bigkilo said:

I'm sure this is the guy from the eBay auction everyone has contacted in one way or another.  I doubt the buyer will be supplying lettering or serial number info, as it seemed to be a bit of investment.  Don't expect casts to be cheap:/  I was hoping I could teach him molding and casting (he lives about 10 blocks from me) and he could sell them himself, but it wasn't in the cards

The shortwave guy?

What I meant was - old radios usually had raised lettering on the case near the battery compartment, or there was a thin metal plaque on the inside of the battery compartment with the identification on it. Info like make/model/serial number/frequency range/battery supply.
I am really excited to see the pics for this. I had been suspecting it was the MEPD unicorn.

10 hours ago, bigkilo said:

The guy lives in my hometown - too bad he wouldn't let me cast it earlier:)  I tried, at least to save everyone several thousand:)

...looks like the winner was RS... and the rest of the MEPD, of course, since I expect casts to be available to everyone in the coming weeks:)

Actually Myself, RS and Gino jointly made the deal.  Yes casts are coming.

Looks like a very promising project!
Congrats Woody, Gino and the RS guys on this!
I would've love to be able to make an offer on it but my budget was pretty much cero.
LOL!!

Anyway, I am sure you guys will provide a very high quality piece for the rest of us and I am very excited reading you will tag it reasonably!

Big congrats and thx!!

Having said that, sign me in for the first run!!!

Saludos.