shwarzwald

Ok so right thigh is coming along. However an extra sheet of abs came in the mail, so I got started on my fatboy kidney extensions! So got the internal coverstrip cut out and glued and got the shims cut out. Once it dries for 48 hours I will fine trim the extensions so they butt up against the stomach plate. Also I will fill the seam in and smooth it out flush.

sc9uVsK.jpg

Still haven't heard back from AM, but rocky from wtf has been helping me determine if walts shins could work out. (Possible)

Yeaaah. Sorta been draggjng my feet on that. The hdpe is kinda annoying to work with. Cuts like butter, sands like sea cucumber.

However I do appreciate the feedback and will see if I can get them a bit more cleaned up. Though did the eyes look fine? Or should they be sanded a bit more too?  Currently I'm trying to primer and sand out the mold holes that are in the creases. 

I went ahead and took a bet and ordered shins from wtf. They also gave me a few extra coverstrips as well. Which was awesome of them. So with luck once the shins eventually arrive I can finish off the armor. Until then I'm going to finish off the thighs and start on strapping. 

Unfortunately the weather (snow) is not allowing me to get any work done on the helmet.

Ok so I could definitely use a bit of feedback on the thigh. I have it trimmed for width so it can fit my thunder thighs, but I need to shorten them down so it sits more over my knee. (Knee is inside the armor atm.)

Now with that being said does the distance between thigh and cod piece look good? Are the thighs pointing the best direction? Is the curve of the thighs look good? If so then all I have to do is trim an inch or so down. So feedback would really be appreciated here.

w4qhEq2.jpg

The distance looks okay.  What you want is to turn the thigh a bit more outwards, so that the cover strip points directly out from you and runs directly up and down your entire leg.

Your picture is a bit blurry,  so if you take anymore it might help to see where that coverstrip is sitting.

The blue tape on top and bottom are in line with the coverstrip.  Imagine the front of my leg is 90 degrees. The coverstrips are pointing at 45 degrees outwards.

So from what I gather you mean I should line the coverstips towards the front. Facing that camera. Give me a minute to take a better photo with that suggestion.

That looks much better.  You want the cover strip to run down your leg and then imagine it running over the center of your knee.  The shin cover strip should also run down the front of your shin.  If you drew a line between both leg pieces, the cover strips should line up between them and face outwards.

Ok so new problem!  I got the front just about perfect. However while walking I still catch the back of my leg on the armor. Now I already notched out and cut the bottom of the backside. (I checked a few threads on that.) 

The question is do I take more off the top of the back to bring it a little higher? I currently have maybe a 2 inch gap between top of the back thigh and the butt plate.  ( Apparently the holiday weight went to my butt.)

If you can pull them up more, I'd do that before cutting off the top. I am short so I had to trim the top of mine and extend the inner thigh swoop. One thing you can also do is put a block of foam on back of the thigh so the thigh piece will stick out some so it's not resting directly on your knee. 

When you say extend the inner thigh swoop do you mean shim or you followed the line down toward the back more?

Also I'm assuming the foam would be middle/bottom of the back of the thigh to pull the front in and allow my knee to bend? (I can barely get a 45-55 degree bend atm)(90 degrees being best.)

The swoop that goes down, I had to make it go down further. Really, you're just going to have to find what makes it more comfortable for you. Most guys I know, including myself, can't sit down or pick up things dropped on the floor. I can walk up stairs but it's not pretty. If you want a comfy costume, go with scout or TI lol. 

Alright I'll see if that helps. Also decided to give ya guys a idea of where I'm at. Also the kidney plate was still drying so it was not put on, but I'm pretty aure the space on the back is good.  Also its glaring apparent that those shoulder bells need to be brought in a lot. Also I think the stomach plate needs to be brought up about an inch or less.

Anything you guys wish to add would be awesome. (As is I'm getting 95% of my feedback here. Fisd has helped little to none and local garrison chips in a bit.)

7yFi0pe.jpg

QFF1h0l.jpg

zJd89Z2.jpg

dzmHioH.jpg