shwarzwald

49 minutes ago, LoveMonkey said:

Your progress is looking good.  Sorry for the delay but I'm sure the holidays has a number of us otherwise occupied.

As for my forearms, I have no idea how many squares mine has.  I just trimmed them down to fit and not cause armor bites.  As far as I can remember, I don't remember the CRL having any specifications on that number either.

Sweet. I'll move onto those after finishing up the biceps then. Luckily I have found a thread (and saved) that shows how large each coverstrip needs to be.  

Also I may not say it enough, but receiving feedback is extremely appreciated and I thank anyone who helps out. 

7 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I can't remember on the top of my head and my armor is buried because I just moved. Unless you have super short arms, I would advice not cutting any of the putter arms down. If you need to, you can make the swoop deeper. I had to do it on mine because I got wicked armor bite. You can hold the pieces on your arm and check against the natural contour of your arm and muscle. Some kit makers make identical arms though. 

I'm pretty sure its my left arm causing the issues. (As seen below.) lKo22Al.jpg

PeTkmCE.jpg

And below is right arm.

Rei3MZj.jpg

VoDcNEs.jpg

Ahaha oops. So almost to forearms. (Just finishing up glueing cover strips on left bicep and right is ready to go.) Buuut while scoring the bottom of the right bicep the stupid exacto dug in too deep snapped and took off an odd section. Luckily I saved the rest of the piece. Using scrap I made a back piece and will tomorrow play with the scrap to make abs sludge to fill it in and smooth it all back out.

4 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

You're going to remove all return edge on the forearm on the wrist end. I wouldn't trim any length wise down there. You can extend the swoop on the inner forearm where it meets the crook of your elbow though. 

Ah I realized I forgot to wipe off the old lines. Yeah after talking to ya'll I saw what ya meant. Though the outside forearm on the left still pushes into my wrist and bicep due to the odd slant.

1 hour ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Once you increase the inner forearm swoops, you'll be able to pull them up a bit higher and it shouldn't bother your wrist. You'll probably end up putting foam on the inside too. 

I'll give it a shot when I get started on them tonight. Btw gotta say that after posting progress on 3 separate forums aside from getting the most help here, this site has the best layout and is waaay mobile friendly. My garrisons forum doesn't resize the pictures so you have to scroll across the page to see the stuff. XD

My garrison's forum is stuck in 2006 in both design and software so don't feel bad. You can get a lot of help here specific to sandy and help generally with the armor at WhiteArmor.net. They have the bigger community but we know all things sandtrooper here. 

32 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

My garrison's forum is stuck in 2006 in both design and software so don't feel bad. You can get a lot of help here specific to sandy and help generally with the armor at WhiteArmor.net. They have the bigger community but we know all things sandtrooper here. 

If I recall I've seen you on fisd as well.

16 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Yep, when I was building my armor they were a lot of help. I still go there here and there, especially cruising the sales threads. 

Yup. Though on that note I either need to find someone selling the diamond knee plate or make it myself. Some of the people whom create armor sell that one part for a bit more than what I would consider fair for such a small piece of abs plastic.

You don't have to quote me every time. I work in IT and am online all day unless I have to go to another building for a call. People post WTB all the time here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/11-for-sale-or-trade-personal-items/

I think you have to have a certain amount of posts (maybe 10?) in order to post there first though. 

Ok so started with the easier of the two forearms and got the right one ready for coverstrips. As is I can poke my nose with it and have a pretty decent range of movement, so far as I can tell shouldn't have any issues.

Hm0dvFD.jpg

phLC4Zz.jpg

Also was curious on the inside coverstrips do you guys go a bit wider than the outside ones? (For those who use them) Like for the forearms the outside coverstrip is 15mm would you go maybe 20mm for the inside one?  Have you noticed any improvements to even having inside coverstrips? Or does just the outside ones provide suffient strength to keep the armor together?

7 minutes ago, LoveMonkey said:

You're making really fast and good progress. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm trying my best to have at least one piece trimmed and ready to glue by the end of each night. (Though waiting for the e-6000 to dry for 24-48 hours is killing my time.)  

By the end of tonight I should have the other forearm trimmed up and maybe even a shin started. (Though to be fair I need to sit down and carefully measure out and cut out ALL of the cover strips.)

And on that note I may need to order more abs plastic for the inside coverstrips. (All the Abs I have on hand is far too thick.)

Ok so I'm a bit ahead of my schedule I have the left and right forearms done. (I figure I'll just sit down once all pieces are ready to go and cut ALL the coverstrips in one go.)

aRf6Sy6.jpg

Alright so next up is the shins! I have the boots out to make sure they clear the tops and fit correctly. Anything you guys think I should look out for while working on these?