shwarzwald

• 3 weeks later...

Oops. So I may have been a bit distracted working on repairing and upgrading a old Don Post scout helmet. Good news is it's almost up to par. 

Moving along I got tired of looking at a unpainted lid. So I went ahead and painted and weathered my sandtrooper helmet. As far as I'm concerned it is finished. Also for the life of me I did my best on the stripes. Be gentle. Anyways what do you guys think? I know that weathering is mostly a person opinion thing. Hit me with what ya think.

VYyDjWw.jpg

lz4lorj.jpg

quMkGcB.jpg

Weathering looks well done. Weathering is always a personal thing...unlesss you're going for SWAT.

The outlines in your trapezoïds and teardrops could be done a little thinner and regarding your tubestripes, well we've all started like this and perfected our skills along the way. So don't feel bad about this attempt. There are templates available for these but when you keep practicing you'll get the hang of it in no time! :)

So, I'd say...remove the tube stripes, use some masking tape and attach it on the tubes so that the size of the stripe has the same width along the whole length of the tube.

Take a pencil and slighty mark the amount of stripes that you want between the masking tape, paint them, dry, remove tape and you're done bro'!!

I hope this helps and good luck!!!

:salute:

• Upvote 1

Luckily this morning I actually found the tube stickers that wtf sent with the helmet. Which means I can either try to use the sticker outline as a template orrrrr just put the stickers on it.  However if memory serves for level 2 certification they need to be painted right?

Also that aside did the rest of the helmet look good enough for level 2?

51 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

If you search Whitearmor.net, you can find Pandatrooper's tube stripe template, just print it out and use an exacto blade to cut out a template on painters tape. 

Ah I may try that then. Thank you for the suggestion.

Bucket looks good, I used a toothpick and a tiny bit of paint thinner to clean up some of my edges. Because I am not skilled with a paint brush haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

It was an extreme shame that I sold all but the helmet on that unfinished kit.  I truly did want to become a sandtrooper.

But alas the only finished kit I have is my Mandalorian. 

uR5cl0Q.jpg

Let it be known I did use things I learned here to apply it to that kit.

5 hours ago, Robster said:

hey zack sorry i missed this, my name is rob and i am a ccg memeber, looking great so far there brother.

While I appreciate the compliment the build itself was sold off as mentioned in the previous post. But I figured I stop by and at least cap the end of the thread. ( Or at least until I decide to lose a lil more weight and begin with a WTF or ATA kit this time.)

• Like 1