shwarzwald

Well two and a half thumbs up is good enough for me! I've been stuck on these for waaay too long. Time to finish them and finish up this suit!

Edit- First inside coverstrip is in! Also I used too much e-6000! That strip won't be coming out anytime soon! Time to get the other one in and let them dry for 72 hours.

Edit 2- Second inside coverstrip is in.  Now I just need to carefully measure and cut the front coverstrips and have them ready to go for Wednesday night. Then by the weekend the bulk of the work on the shins will be finished. 

All that is left after the shins is outside coverstrips for the forearms need glued on, helmet needs ears, belt,ammo pack,and thighs need both inside and outside coverstrips. (I really hope there will be minimal work needing to be done for the thighs.) Also boots could probably use another paint job. Then to bending the kidney inward more and fit testing. 

All snaps are cut and ready to go for the final parts.  May need to get a different (wider) elastic band for shoulder straps. Current one is 1.5 inches wide. Pretty sure it needs to be 2 inches wide.

Update time!

So inside coverstrips have dried and outer coverstrips are now glued on. Once they dry I will carefully trim the backs and get the coverstrip and velcro on. 

After that it's down to thigh coverstrips and forearm outer coverstrips. Kidney and a few parts need mildy heating and bending for better fitment. Boots need touch up on paint. Helmets need painted. Then final fitting before weathering.

jjDrg5q.jpg

Also I still would like to thank you guys again. I've received a lot of help and support here.

So I'm reaching out with my garrison to see if there is anyone around that could help me get to the finish line....

With that being said. The bigger issues still is strap adjustments and the thighs. The space should be fine once I adjust the strap for the chest and back.

However I need them to sit higher, but not sure where to trim to bring them up. I feel like if I keep cutting the inner swoop they wont fit right.

Also the shoulder bells still need straps and elastic band.

Anyways here it is!

KHVmO9g.jpg

None are currently coming up. Also the problem is I live in southern oregon and almost ALL of the rest of the garrison members are in portland area which is 300+ miles away. At this point I may check to see if there are any members of the goldengate garrison are in northern cali.

Ok so I got no help from the garrison. It looks like you guys are pretty much all I got. (And anything that is searchable on fisd.)

Edit- So I glued on the last coverstips for the forearms and glued in the black elastic for the shoulder bells. 

However the thighs are causing me a large headache. The fronts of them have too wide of a flat spot so the coverstrip would have a weird step down before the armor curved. And if I trim the fronts correctly then I need close to a 2-3 inch shim in the back. Then I also need to make the inside swoop drop more... 

Honestly the longer I work on this kit the absolute more I regret not getting a wtf kit to begin with.  Despite being told this was a TE kit and its essentially the original set it feels more like a bad recast. 

Ok so forearms are done and so are shoulder bells. Also as you can see I have 50+ snaps and I got 25 yards worth of 2 inch webbing. No more playing around with single snap points. Everything shall have two to ensure zero failings of the snaps.  Now I just need someone to help make sure everthing sits correctly.

elp3RrT.jpg

DFi8UiD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so a few classes got in the way of working on my armor, but I should be good now in them.

Moving along. I decided to go ahead and work one the other helmets while I angrily stare at the useless thighs. Made decent progress on the left ears tonight as well.

h9KiLZD.jpg

90Aub0j.jpg

Also yes I will put the rivet in later. I was too lazy to go out to the shop to grab the riveter.

Finished the helmet. Now I have a question for the peanut gallery. Firstly yes I know the exact colors to use and even the numbers in humbrol paint. However I have like $35 in acrylic paint from previous projects. Now in your opinions is there anything that makes humbrol brand better? Or is it just used since it is accurate to what was used on screen?

With that being asked here is my new abs helmet from WTF.

51ykyT1.jpg

lpfihSS.jpg

1pLUQ6h.jpg