shwarzwald

Thats good to hear. If anyone else has feedback let 'er rip. Also made progress on the other thigh.

Would like to point out airbornes suggestion about foam worked out pretty decently.  Pretty much it brought the thigh flush with the front of my leg and all but stopped all armor bite in the back. Heck I could even walk like a normalish human.

Just waiting on coverstrips now. Might hesitantly dip my feet into the strapping side soon. Also need to read up on how to adjust abs shapes using water. ( Butt needs to curve a bit more, may widen shoulder bells to bring them in more, and left thigh is wigging out in the back.)

WJbh39O.jpg

Looking good so far to me your making fast progress, trooperbay has a kit for the strapping and it comes with everything you would need. I don't know if you looked into that yet. Just an option

Ok so quick question for the peanut gallery. What is your preferred snap placement? Female snaps on armor and male snaps on straps or male snaps on armor and female on the straps?  Is one better than the other?  So far as I've seen it could be either or?  I'll prep all the straps in the mean time, but I would like a second opinion.

I put the female on the armor and male on the elastic/nylon. There's probably a million and one threads about strapping systems on FISD so I recommend you take a look. Don't reinvent the wheel. Make sure you leave return edges so you can put the machine screws to replicate the original strapping method. 

You do know I do read an excessive amount of threads right? The reason I asked that was because some had it one way some had it the other. 

Though I will take your method into account since it was the one most generally used. Also someone did mention leaving the return edges before so I have done so to make sure it can pass PO later. Also did you have any feedback on my armor as it currently stands? 

Currently someone in my local garrison is sending me more coverstrips so I can continue. With the amount I have I could only do maybe the forearms. 

Also the shim for the kidney plate is finished. Now I just need it to curve more inwards. Also need to fill the gap in with abs paste once I get it curved correctly.

While you wait for finishing strips, you still have some flashing to remove, especially on the bottom of the butt plate. I'd use a hobby iron to fold that return edge on the top of the butt plate down so it's not pointing up. Finish cutting out your shoulder bell and get your knee ammo pack and belt taken care of. 

Alright sweet. Once the e6000 drys for the snaps I'll trim the top of the butt plate. Getting very close to being able to start on fitting. Once the extra coverstrips come in I can push to finish the thighs (probably will widen the back to make front look better), forearms( just needs coverstrips), and possibly shins if I have enough material left over. (Though I do have new shins on order from wtf. May combine them to make a good fit.)

Ok so before I get crazy and start cutting more straps and putting the snaps on I would like some clarification on the butt plate before I trim this and have a gap that needs adjustment. Now should I trim the top where I have the arrows pointed or should I attempt to heat and flatten it to match the rest so I can keep the extra material for length?

z0CuM71.jpg

ItHxwfV.jpg

Ok so while I try to find a way to bend that part down on the butt plate I worked more on the strapping. So smart old me forgot to make holes in the female snaps that are on the armor, so the male snap snaps but feels weak. I may go back to each one and cut out a hole or something. 

Right now I'm trying to find the sweet spot of how far I want the chest piece to sit up and and low I can get away with have the back plate hang.  

Also I get the feeling I'm gonna have to put some meat on my mannequin Mr.Bones. He looks a little funny with the armor on. ( Also gotta bring the shoulders in more.)

FGQfCef.jpg