Boots won't fit under armor

eltrooper

Hello all! 

I'm new to all this. I am currently getting my kit ready for 501st approval and then I can try for the MEPD. I am having trouble getting my boots to stay under my shin armor. I can squish the boots and make them narrower and tuck them under the shin plates but as soon as I walk they just pop out. I thought about getting different boots like white Dr. Martins but I know they are not correct. Is anyone else having this issue? Are there Chelsea boots around that hug your ankle very tight and would not cause the issue I am having?

Check out the attached pic for a visual of the problem.

Many thanks.

IMG_1468.jpg

I have TKs and AP shins. I also had this issue. I ended up putting velcro on the front of the boot and in the front to shins to keep them from moving around. I also converted my calves to the bra hooks for strapping instead of the velcro on the back cover strip..

• 3 months later...
On 22/12/2016 at 8:36 AM, eltrooper said:

Thanks guys, I'll try another boot first as these seem way to big. TKboots.com looks good!

Hey Eliot,

Did you get your boots sorted and bring yourself close to submission? Anything else you need help with?

I'm a little late to this thread, but here's what I did-

Sewed an elastic + velcro tab into the top of the boot

And then stuck the other side of the velcro about halfway up the inside of the shin plates

This not only keeps the boots from popping out from under the shins, it keeps the shins from twisting about during a troop.
The elastic gives me some a bit more flexibility than straight velcro-to-velcro attachment did (I tried that first).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, celboy said:

I got a reply from tkboots---

I'm sorry but we're sold out and tentatively closing TK Boots.

Woah. Would it be possible to give me the entire message and not just the line you have quoted? Or any other info that came with that?. So I can share it on the LotL forum. I had recommended TK boots recently.

In my 3 total correspondences with them --I only ever got 2 "one sentence" responses---this is yesterdays--

On Sunday, October 7, 2018, 12:48:53 AM EDT, TK Products <troopersupplies@hotmail.com> wrote:

I'm sorry but we're sold out and tentatively closing TK Boots. 

y butFrom:  <celboy@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 6, 2018 3:10 PM
To: TK Boots
Subject: Re: stormtrooper boots for celboy@yahoo.com

are there any size 11 trooper boots currently available? When should a attempt again?