Rogue One -- Jehda Patrols are "Sandtroopers"

BrinkHouse

19 hours ago, johaneggink said:

Maybe we will see more variants of Sandtroopers in the Han Solo film.

I liked one of the posters opinions that a deployed/ dirty trooper could be a TD.

I am building a TD but also love the grenade backpack.

Let's hope so :)

:salute:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2017 at 8:31 PM, Asher said:

Is there any chance some one in the industry might get an interview with the costume designer. Ask some of our questions ?

i wonder if they consider a specification for uniform, armor, weapons load out and other gear and how it will be similar or differs from already set uniforms. 

Sure would be nice if they would consult the 501st when designing new trooper armor....LOL

Asher

Hold that thought- I'm following one of the costume designers for R1 on twitter and he's been VERY responsive and helpful.

Edit: Question has been deployed. Waiting for an answer back now. 

Edit 16 May- still waiting on a reply. He's not on twitter too often, but hopefully he'll see it soon.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw on FB that some one posted about a featurette "visions of Hope: the look of Rogue One." The production crew used the CRL from the FISD. At the 7:37 mark. It seem I was right, the should and they do look to the 501st for information. Just wish they would have looked at it for the ANH:SE and not put the drop boxes on the Sandies. They should have called the MEPD about the deployed troopers on Jedda.

Asher

On ‎27‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 7:31 PM, Asher said:

Just saw on FB that some one posted about a featurette "visions of Hope: the look of Rogue One." The production crew used the CRL from the FISD. At the 7:37 mark. It seem I was right, the should and they do look to the 501st for information. Just wish they would have looked at it for the ANH:SE and not put the drop boxes on the Sandies. They should have called the MEPD about the deployed troopers on Jedda.

Asher

Interesting.

The way I see it is that deployed troopers can look different depending on the environment they have to work in.

And this was before ANH when you take a look at the timeline, so loosing the dropboxes might just be another adaptation/ evolution of the sandtrooper armor.

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎-‎8‎-‎2017 at 1:28 AM, BigStick said:

Any updates? I'm curious as to how this is playing out.

Not yet. We are waiting for the R1 CRL from the FISD because we are use this as a reference for the Jedha Sandtroopers.

But that doesn't mean that you can start with building one if you have a R1 armor and a backpack :)

Because we'll also need reference pictures for this CRL as well eventually ;) 

Not yet. We are waiting for the R1 CRL from the FISD because we are use this as a reference for the Jedha Sandtroopers.

But that doesn't mean that you can start with building one if you have a R1 armor and a backpack

Because we'll also need reference pictures for this CRL as well eventually  

I am almost done with the pack.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

Most of the official material refers to the Crystal Patrol (or Jedha Patrol) as “Stormtroopers” including this recent Black Series action figure. That’s one shiny clean TK!J5epM6V.jpg

However we do finally have something official referring to the Crystal Patrol / Jedha Patrol as a “Sandtrooper” with this Topps trading card;

wr9GI2s.jpg

Jedha was a sandy place after all, although these packs are seen on other planets as well. I guess this supports the old saying that Sandtroopers are just Stormtroopers too. Coincidentally the Sandtroopers on this trading card were also referred to as “Stormtroopers”.

1977-star-wars-94-interrogated-by-stormt