Rogue One -- Jehda Patrols are "Sandtroopers"

BrinkHouse

According to this snippet in the new book 'STAR WARS Rogue One: The Complete Visual Guide'--

"On Jehda, troopers wearing variant armor are known as sandtroopers. Filtration systems prevent dust contamination that would clog standard armor breathing ports over time. The cooling units employed on hot desert worlds are not needed on the cold moon."

31677890816_e604e29802_z.jpg

Thoughts? I personally think this is awesome, as I'm currently in the middle of building the patrol pack. Glad to know they lie with MEPD. 

18 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

Are we working on adding this new pack/trooper to our detachment CRLs? Anyone from command staff know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not yet. But I agree; this is definitively something we should look into. We'll need to discuss this first with the Headquarter and the FISD to see how they feel about it.

Cheers

I am on the fence.
The images I have seen, it looks like a R1 TK with a pack and pauldron.
I don't like the idea that anyone with a TK set up can just throw on a pack and pauldron and call it done because the knee is the plain old TK knee plate and not a sniper plate.
That's my 2 cents.

I agree with Fraulein.
It seems logical and coherent, as it does with Stormtroopers and their different versions; ANH, ROJT or ESB, there may be different versions of our Sandtroopers.
But we must clearly limit the minimum specifications and requirements to be a Sandtrooper R1. I offer to help in any way that is considered appropriate.

Estoy de acuerdo con Fraulein.
Parece logico y coherente, que igual que ocurre con los Stormtroopers y sus diferentes versiones; ANH, ROJT or ESB, puedan existir diferentes versiones de nuestros Sandtroopers.
Pero debemos de limitar claramente las espicificaciones mínimas y exigencias para ser un Sandtrooper R1. Me ofrezco para ayudar de la forma que se considere oportuna.

:salute:

Even though it looks like a R1 TK fitted with a backpack this could become the next level for the MEPD. We are after all the home of the sandtrooper in all it's variations, which includes the Jedha one too probably. As mentioned we currently are exploring the possibilities for this armor with the FISD and Legion Command.

My personal opinion is that we should get this on board of the MEPD.

:salute:

18 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

If we do end up bringing this costume here, I'd be willing to help with the CRL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds great, we'll keep you and everybody posted on the progress!

IMHO we're looking at two different troopers. There's a clear difference between the R1 TK and TD, both of which were equipped with backpacks, well at least some of the TKs were. The TK armor is generally not dirty (weathered), though his backpack is. The TD seen above in the magazine clearly has weathered armor. The backpacks are also different, well, at least the antennas are. Unfortunately without screen shots, behind the scene images, first hand knowledge provided by either the writers, Lucas or Disney, neither troopers received enough screen time to clearly differentiate their rolls.  

If we indeed have a new version TD then someone should get  a thread going so we can start the detail processing, similar to a CRL or SWAT spec update.     

It's going to take some time. I mean look how long Phasma took. We more than likely will need the blu-ray to get stills and the bonus features for possible glimpses of this character. The visual guide is good but doesn't go into a lot of detail. There's more detail on some minor Jehda background character that was shown for 1 second in the visual guide. 

On 12/24/2016 at 0:39 PM, trooper1 said:

i wonder what we will have to change our names too if we add a trooper from another planet? Hmm  

Not from Mos Eisley so hard to be an MEPD officer. Lol 

just saying....

Good point

Ok so borrowing this from a discussion on fisd. By any chance will this pack be exclusive for R1 sandtroopers or could we also use it for ANH sandtroopers? (Not for swat obviously.)

SlyFox740 said:

Thanks.
It's confirmed, after receiving my own copy of the Rogue One Visual Guide for my birthday I have been able to see a complete view of these pages. The "hardpack" that I indicated above is in fact specifically designed for Sandtroopers, this particular sandtrooper pack is a "Type 4 Field Pack" as seen in the image below. (shown on page 134 of the visual guide)
image_zpsb3ipocid.jpeg