I am....

Felice

I brought this up over on the "MEPD New Forum Software " thread - perhaps the lack of activity is that you have to be signed up in order to view the public forum.
And I recall people signing up but not being  approved, (that other thread I posted)

On ‎27‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 6:30 PM, Fraulein said:

I brought this up over on the "MEPD New Forum Software " thread - perhaps the lack of activity is that you have to be signed up in order to view the public forum.
And I recall people signing up but not being  approved, (that other thread I posted)

The thing is that we have experienced a lot of spam last year, hence the new forum rules.

But that shouldn't hold people back to login or sign up when they really want to be a part of all this sandie goodness ;)

:salute:

10 hours ago, dutchy said:

The thing is that we have experienced a lot of spam last year, hence the new forum rules.

But that shouldn't hold people back to login or sign up when they really want to be a part of all this sandie goodness ;)

Some people did sign up but did not receive their confirmation/approval. They ended up over at the MEPD facebook page to see if there was "anyone home" that could help.

13 hours ago, Fraulein said:

Some people did sign up but did not receive their confirmation/approval. They ended up over at the MEPD facebook page to see if there was "anyone home" that could help.

I wasn't aware of that and it saddens me to read this. What I do know is that our current software on which we are running on isn't always working as it should be. 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 2:21 AM, dutchy said:

I wasn't aware of that and it saddens me to read this. What I do know is that our current software on which we are running on isn't always working as it should be. 

I believe there were two individuals, I did post over here, this was shortly before the switch, And it was sorted. But there was one that I am unsure if the issue was fixed, or if they lost interest.

When I remember - I do check the official MEPD Facebook page and post here, if there are any visitor comments about accessibility to the site.
I do hope with elections coming up - that this software doesn't experience issues.

edit - just check the MEPD facebook page. Replied to two people. Hopefully my answers were sufficient.

I'm hoping that too, but luckily we cast our votes on the 501st election page and not here.

But our software is exactly one of those things that needs to be taken care of by our new CO.  :)

I try to go to the admin tools page everyday / every other day to manually approve ALL new site members one applicant  / new register at a time.

And yes, I speak for all the Command Staff Officers when I say that we do miss the days of a fluid MEPD Site experience. Where the main focus are the members and their armor / gear questions.

That hack / spam flood we experienced early last year was brutal and we are still feeling it's effects to this day with delays and glitches. Our efforts to get this Detachment back  on track will be evident in the coming weeks. The upcoming Command Staff  elected positions transition will benefit the detachment moving forward!

2 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I work in IT and have the forum on a tab in my browser everyday. I would love to volunteer and serve our great detachment in anyway. 

Hey Jason, thanks for volunteering - appreciate it, bro! The bottle neck atm are not enough ressources but for our 501st IT support to find the time to set up a development server. But I'm happy to take you up on your offer once we got the server sorted out.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, SCRIBBLER said:

I try to go to the admin tools page everyday / every other day to manually approve ALL new site members one applicant  / new register at a time.

Thank you. As a former admin from a forum that also had a similar hack / attack - it is a daunting task to sort through hundreds of sign ups that are spam and maybe a few are actual people, and I appreciate the effort that you work at.
Our forum never recovered. So I know you guys work at keeping the thing together.

22 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I work in IT and have the forum on a tab in my browser everyday. I would love to volunteer and serve our great detachment in anyway. 

You know my stance regarding your work and commitment bro'!