Pack #3 Toolbox Discussion

Airborne Trooper

I know this forum doesn't get much traffic but I figured I would start a discussion so maybe we can come together and figure out a reasonable solution(s) for the pack 3 toolbox. MACHINE and Strider kind of went back and forth for a bit but then the discussion ended. I know many of the UK garrison guys and myself included believe that the toolbox did have a lip. I'm leaning towards the Tupperware Free-N-Save #1254 container. I just ordered one on ebay and won't really know until I have it in my hand. One thing I did notice after staring at pictures is the lip curves down and is fairly large. It's possible that this part could be trimmed down or heated up and bent down. I would also remove the circle in the middle and maybe glue in a piece of ABS to fill in the center and use another flat piece as the lid to make it sit flush. 

tupperware1254.png

One thing to maybe look at is the UK eBay.  They have different products than the US version and you may be able to find it there.  I haven't looked so I don't know but I did look for parts for my pack there when I was building before deciding on something else.

58 minutes ago, LoveMonkey said:

One thing to maybe look at is the UK eBay.  They have different products than the US version and you may be able to find it there.  I haven't looked so I don't know but I did look for parts for my pack there when I was building before deciding on something else.

The last several paychecks of mine has been going to the UK lol. Trying to find things stateside and now that it's starting to get a bit cooler in NY I am under a severe time crunch to get things in and painted before we no longer have 50+ degree days. Worst case scenario is I'll have to use this until I can find an alternative in the Spring. 

Yes, absolutely agree on the lip. Funny, I think I bought the same freeze container on ebay once.  The form looks pretty good, but unfortunately it's too small :(

By my reckoning the dimensions should be around 21,5x16,5x10 (LxWxH).

I've been really doing some extensive searching but haven't come up with anything that would fit the bill. I'm planning to do a mold and cast it but not in the very near future (maybe in some months).

Cheers