Josh's "Move Along" weathering

Spliedt729

Hello sandies,

I am in the stages of getting my first set of armor done and hopefully joining the legion soon. I am new at all this and just wanna get some feedback on my helmet and progress. I finally figured out how to upload photos oh here so it's a start haha. My end goal is SWAT so all comments are welcome. 

Thank you

Joshua

RenderedContent-0A685C48-900E-4D89-963B-EB688FC0D226.JPG

Looks really good. It looks like you're trying to replicate the "Move Along" Captain. If so, you're in luck as that's the most replicated trooper here and toooooooooooons of reference as well as SWAT submissions for you to check out. Brow and lighter weathering look great for this particular trooper so far. Just remember, it's all in the details. Depending exactly who you're replicating, look at the references for teeth count, tube stripe count, etc. 

The weathering looks more like the CANTINA CAPTAIN / 'STOP THAT SHIP' CAPTAIN, Brother.  Unless that is what you meant. (?)

Here is the MOVE ALONG (bottom) ref pic  with the CC / STS (top)...

STS_01.jpg

MoveAlong.jpg

sts_02.JPG

Re weathered it to match the "Move Along" trooper. Thanks SCRIBBLER for pointing that out, with a baby due in a few weeks and trying to get armor done has me busy. Let me know how this looks. Still gonna go over the rest to dull the shiny white out. 

RenderedContent-4A674B9C-1282-4341-A0E9-39A74ACB5446.JPG

@ Joshua - Very nice start, Brother!  Looks better!

Take your time if you need it and take care of your little one and family first! 

No worries, we'll be here when you get back! Congrats! =)

Check out the sale section here. That's where most of us get them. Also, I recommend you dropping your biceps down a tad and raising your forearms up. You have a significant gap between the two pieces. I'm assuming you are tall and have long arms. The complete opposite of what I have going on. 

4 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Check out the sale section here. That's where most of us get them. Also, I recommend you dropping your biceps down a tad and raising your forearms up. You have a significant gap between the two pieces. I'm assuming you are tall and have long arms. The complete opposite of what I have going on. 

I am fighting the height problem all the way through this project haha but thanks for the info:duim:

19 hours ago, Spliedt729 said:

Just ordered the pouches from blaster8266 today thanks for the input guys

Excellent choice. =)

Also, very nice rework of the weathering pattern. You are on your way, Troop!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Me either, speaking of which, yesterday was my 1 year anniversary in the 501st!

Well happy anniversary, but my Garrison leader said I need to have the correct ammo pouch configuration, I have all the pouches, but I was going to attach my shoulder pouch to my pack instead of to my armor. But if you guys have any tips on other ways to attach the pouch I'm open to suggestion.