FOUND CANTEEN!!!

Darth Voorhees

I currently dont have a sand trooper anymore, but there is a good chance i will build one again, whether it be for display(ive gained quite a bit of weight :/) or for trooping im not sure yet but i will likely build another one :) I do however still have my RS TD helmet i built a couple of years back, which is my avatar :)

i have had the Giostyle safari 600 canteen on my watch list for 5yrs now at least, maybe more lol. So, i got a notification e-mail a few minutes ago for this, which has happened before and was always the wrong model, but i checked the link, and holy crap it was the right one! ..and it was $12 buy it now!!! i snagged that so fast i didnt even know what happened LOL!

here are 2 of the pics from the auction:

s-l1600%201_zpski02oyng.jpg

s-l1600_zpsgngmvwll.jpg

i am so excited its ridiculous lol...this may the driving force for me to rebuild TD-6908.

Haha thanks Rolf, good to "see" ya, been a little bit!

Thanks! It was the US E-bay, but item was located in Canada. 

I still cant believe i managed to not miss it lol. I saw a post somewhere yesterday saying that these always come up on e-bay, but man ive had this search saved for YEARS, and only one other time one poped up and it was super expensive . All the other matches were once in a blue and never the right model. So i dunno it still seems they are very hard to come by to me...hence my excitement lol

I think what id like to do is take a mold off it,  rotocast it and cut it up to make vac forming bucks....(theres more to it than that but you get the idea lol) I'd make it in 5 parts..top, bottom, and the main body id do in 2 halves, and then id make a stinger to cast as well.  So then i can make them and not have to use a real one on my pack. Im likley going to make most of the pack parts myself since my vac table should be up and running by the end of the year if not sooner. :) 

His look pretty much identical to me.  Only the pattern on the cap looks different , but we dont use the cap anyways. I havent been on here in a while and probably would have grabbed one of his had i known he had em. But i paid $27 total for the vintage one so at least i didnt screw myself financially lol.  If you dont have the desire to use the actual vintage one on your pack, id say grab one of his. They look to be from the same molds, even where the label goes is the same. I may still grab one of his just cuz i think they are cool lookin and may want to actually use it haha.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2016 at 3:06 PM, Airborne Trooper said:

I have one on my current Dirty Boy packs but working on a new one for my karrimor frame. Just checking to see if there was a major difference since you have the real deal. 

Nothing i can see now that i actually have the vintage one in my possession...just the cap!

Nice catch!

yeah those popup here and there on E-Bay and it's always rewarding. I wish was the same with the radios ^_^ 

I savaged mine to make the mother mold, very brittle plastic and removing the bottle was a little pain.